Exeter City (A) Tues 18th April

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Much better second half. Deserved the win but purely on the second half performance. First half was crap. 

I felt like I could see the belief and confidence returning as the game wore on, up until they score, but then did well to dig in and see the game out. Credit to the players and Warne tonight for improving it second half and getting that win. 
Would love to see us put together a 90 minute performance on Saturday now. 

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I never, we’ve done things a bit differently today - going for the Arsenal Esque two nil collapse 

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Paul Warne vibes 

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, I’ve just seen Derby too many times 

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Necessary for fresh legs, but has there ever been a bigger downgrade of a double sub?

To coin a phrase...

'This is exactly the sort of crap that you’re usually on here spouting.'

Good win. Very good first 30 of the second half.

The trio of McGoldrick, NML and Sibley showed a lot of promise at times. Good movement, interchanges and allowed us some flexibility at times in midfield. Some promising signs. Typical that we concede just after going 2 up, they like to make us suffer. Back 3 solid and Knight and Roberts looked good. Exeter weren’t great, but that was better. We’ll done lads 🐏🐏

Only caught the last 10 minutes of first half and the whole second half so just a few thoughts from the 60 minutes. 

Much better intensity in the second half than we have seen of late, very surprising given the age of the players out there.

2 quality finishes from Mcgoldrick. 

Game management was poor straight after the second goal, to have Cashin out there trying to block the cross with Roberts 20 yards away was ridiculous. I like Roberts but he gets caught out of position a lot.

After that it was just constant surrender of possession when we really just needed someone to get a foot on the ball and take the sting out of the game, its something we can struggle to do.

Interested to know about the 2 players down rule as it appeared as though Cashin was made to leave the pitch.

Wildsmiths time wasting is becoming a complete embarrassment, just because other teams do it I don't think we need to resort to it.

Much needed 3 points or it was potentially season over, so we have proved that we do have bottle. 

Can we finally get our first league win over Burton on Saturday???

This win is huge!! Massive!! More importantly it is 100% deserved!! This was an excellent performance, best we’ve played away for ages. Ok first half, controlled. Second half we went for the jugular, scored two great goals, could’ve scored more, a goalkeeping error made it more nervy than it needed to be although he’s made two unbelievable saves in this match. Closed it out well in the end and Dobbin should’ve made it 3. 

Performances, Didzy is a genius but the midfield were excellent second half, the back 3 were awesome, I thought Davies was done but he was mega tonight. Mendez looked like he had some swagger back, Sibley always a threat. Can’t really fault anyone. Still can’t get over the Wildsmith save first half, huge moment. 

It’s one game. We MUST back it up but this team tonight showed that if we get in the playoffs (I believe we will now) we can be a real danger and we have a good chance. We’ve also shown that if Didzy gets injured we’re screwed, but we know we have a small squad.

Also, “Warneball”, just what is that? It must be fluid attacking football because tonight I saw hardly any long ball, only fluid attacking play especially in the second half.  He deserves huge credit tonight he really does. He rolled the dice with the team selection and it worked, his tactics were absolutely spot on and playing football like that second half I can’t understand how anyone could think that’s dour one dimensional football.

Also those who went enjoy the journey home or your night out in Exeter. You deserve it!!! 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Only caught the last 10 minutes of first half and the whole second half so just a few thoughts from the 60 minutes. 

Much better intensity in the second half than we have seen of late, very surprising given the age of the players out there.

2 quality finishes from Mcgoldrick. 

Game management was poor straight after the second goal, to have Cashin out there trying to block the cross with Roberts 20 yards away was ridiculous. I like Roberts but he gets caught out of position a lot.

After that it was just constant surrender of possession when we really just needed someone to get a foot on the ball and take the sting out of the game, its something we can struggle to do.

Interested to know about the 2 players down rule as it appeared as though Cashin was made to leave the pitch.

Wildsmiths time wasting is becoming a complete embarrassment, just because other teams do it I don't think we need to resort to it.

Much needed 3 points or it was potentially season over, so we have proved that we do have bottle. 

Can we finally get our first league win over Burton on Saturday???

You’re right about Wildsmith. Someone needs to have a word. The goal was his fault only. The cross wasn’t dangerous.

That apart it was a good second half performance, full of bite and with better passing.

Still a concern that only McGoldrick can shoot.