Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Stupid precedent to set that you can repeatedly not pay HMRC and not get any punishment. 

Not really. They've only used "Cheque in the post - honest, only Doris in Admin might have forgotten the stamp" and "Second post not arrived yet?" excuses. Wait until they get to "Kirchner has taken me hostage and sold my kids into slavery in order to put in a new bid for Derby" or "I am currently unable to sit down in order to make a payment ever since my anal probe, courtesy of Mel Morris" excuses before judging them.

13 hours ago, GenBr said:

The situation is more similar to the Dr Xi situation with Aston Villa than it is with the Kirchner situation. Not the first time the chinese government has stopped people taking money out of the country

A great bunch of lads.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this fits the criteria for this thread, but Reading have received a POINT deduction and not points, for not paying their players 3 times last season. 3 more points are suspended for this season. 

A massive tickle on the wrist from the EFL.😡

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I don't know if this fits the criteria for this thread, but Reading have received a POINT deduction and not points, for not paying their players 3 times last season. 3 more points are suspended for this season. 

A massive tickle on the wrist from the EFL.😡

It appears that having nearly forced us into extinction, that the tie and blazer brigade at the EFL have realised that it's not a great look. 

A side note, perhaps, but it hardly seems to have discouraged other clubs from transgressing either. Makes me really quite grumpy! 

19 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

It appears that having nearly forced us into extinction, that the tie and blazer brigade at the EFL have realised that it's not a great look. 

A side note, perhaps, but it hardly seems to have discouraged other clubs from transgressing either. Makes me really quite grumpy! 

I think they wanted more punishment but idc didn't agree. Efl could appeal.

There needs to be an independent body to charge clubs because like we've seen time and time again the EFL is a members club and as soon as you're seen as a target they'll try and beat you down as much as they can. Points deductions are not the answer.

Whilst not receiving actual points deductions last season and this, how many points are we being currently 'deducted' through restrictions on our current business plans?

The team would have easily made the play offs at a minimum last season, had DC being allowed to trade normally, remember DC is a new owner and had some nothing wrong. No other business would have to suffer the trading restrictions that DC has had to suffer.

25 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Whilst not receiving actual points deductions last season and this, how many points are we being currently 'deducted' through restrictions on our current business plans?

The team would have easily made the play offs at a minimum last season, had DC being allowed to trade normally, remember DC is a new owner and had some nothing wrong. No other business would have to suffer the trading restrictions that DC has had to suffer.

Maybe saving the club is enough for him and operating a business that losses money every year is a stretch but spending money on transfer fees in the third division is just plain silly 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe saving the club is enough for him and operating a business that losses money every year is a stretch but spending money on transfer fees in the third division is just plain silly 

But, surely that's for DC to decide and not to be scrutinised to the Nth degree by the EFL, who don't treat clubs evenly. 

Big transfer fees in the third division are silly, but the odd fee up to £200k and lower wages on promising players from this level and below make more financial sense than higher wages on old 'has beens'.

Cambridge United have been found guilty of multiple beaches of EFL regulations regarding having an unregistered player on the bench. Not only this, they also back dated documents to try to cover it up.

The EFL have come down heavily on them though, fining them a grand total of £12k, of which £1k is suspended. 

I wonder what our punishment would have been?

• 2 weeks later...