Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

The poster who informed people on the Reading forum yesterday afternoon (before anyone else, and with a good ITK record), that they'd be under embargo also said:

"But associated news is that additional investment is very, very close"

...so they'll probably just pay the latest bill on the same schedule as the last, get the investment and not look back.

Edited by Kokosnuss

It’s a weird one though int it. A big part of me wants to see other clubs treated as badly as we were, why just us? but an equally big part of me hopes that no club will ever be treated as poorly as we were again. Maybe the EFL have learnt some lessons rather than sticking them with a 2 year embargo and a 21 point deduction and run them out of business.

It sucks that they had to learn those lessons with us, and it’s a bitter pill to swallow. But maybe it’s a good thing for football. 

22 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a weird one though int it. A big part of me wants to see other clubs treated as badly as we were, why just us? but an equally big part of me hopes that no club will ever be treated as poorly as we were again. Maybe the EFL have learnt some lessons rather than sticking them with a 2 year embargo and a 21 point deduction and run them out of business.

It sucks that they had to learn those lessons with us, and it’s a bitter pill to swallow. But maybe it’s a good thing for football. 

worst team in history... and the worst treated!

#eternallymassive  👀

58 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Someone on their forum said they’re too big and appealing to go out of business 😂

9 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Reading are today back on the EFL embargo list.

player’s wages are due Monday.

women’s team have started a go fund me page after the club announced that they would be run part time.

It looks like they have the same constraints as us at the start of the 21/22 season.  They can sign free agents on a maximum 1 year contract and loans up to having a 23 man squad.  Some of the players they are after may be put off by that.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

It looks like they have the same constraints as us at the start of the 21/22 season.  They can sign free agents on a maximum 1 year contract and loans up to having a 23 man squad.  Some of the players they are after may be put off by that.

Their embargo was removed last week and they immediately signed 4 or 5 players including one on a 4 year contract for an undisclosed fee and then the same day missed payment of their tax, and then placed back under the embargo.

I don’t recall us being allowed to do that.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Their embargo was removed last week and they immediately signed 4 or 5 players including one on a 4 year contract for an undisclosed fee and then the same day missed payment of their tax, and then placed back under the embargo.

We were under an embargo which was temporarily lifted to allow us to sign Jozwiak for close to £4m. Slightly different though, as that embargo was due to suspected P&S failure

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The new embargo came to effect yesterday, maybe Thursday.  The new one has the same conditions we had before MM put us into admin.

20 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Reports tonight that Peterborough could go into administration 

I think it's a company that own a percentage.  It will be the company who owe money to a Canadian investment firm that would go into administration as a whole if they pursue 14 million they are owed.  It depends if that money was utilised as a loan to buy the club.  If not, not much to see here.

An update on Reading, where the wage money is apparently stuck in China, although it will definitely be with the club in the next few days 🙄

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/02/club-statement-update-on-investment/

Remarkably similar to the situation we had with Kirchner. Much easier to see that it's total b******s when you're looking from the outside in though.