Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You don't like it? Buy more stuff and then maybe I'll lower the price. Lol, no, I'm not losing any more of my fortune on you ungrateful shitebags until you start giving me some love.

You know what would be best for Wednesday? Shut up, buy the shirt at full price and get behind the relegation.

The owls are not what they seem.

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wow what a statement - he flips between reasonable and whinging like a 5 year-old.....there doesn't look to be much of a future if he goes through with his threats not to put any more money in though.....

It appears more and more club owners are becoming more and more pissed off, not at the expenditure as such, but from the grief from the internet warriors (or those stood at the garden gate with pitchforks, in some cases)!

I suspect sooner rather than later, an owner is literally just gonna walk.  Stop the funding.  Not worry about getting something back from a sale.  Just shut up shop, and walk away.

Some football fans need to be careful what they wish for, and consider maybe showing a little more respect to their club's owner, regardless of how grim things may appear from the terraces.

#somedon'tappreciatewhattheyhaveuntiltheynolongerhaveit.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It appears more and more club owners are becoming more and more pissed off, not at the expenditure as such, but from the grief from the internet warriors (or those stood at the garden gate with pitchforks, in some cases)!

I'm looking forward to the when the Forest owners reaction when he gets some stick.

53 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You don't like it? Buy more stuff and then maybe I'll lower the price. Lol, no, I'm not losing any more of my fortune on you ungrateful shitebags until you start giving me some love.

You know what would be best for Wednesday? Shut up, buy the shirt at full price and get behind the relegation.

The owls are not what they seem.

But the other side of the argument is, would you be wanting to put two million pounds a month of your own money into something only to receive threats to your family as a thank you.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

But the other side of the argument is, would you be wanting to put two million pounds a month of your own money into something only to receive threats to your family as a thank you.

No. But I don't own a football club. The protests and anger are the flip side of the fan love and ego trip when it goes well. How many owners get into owning a football club without realising it can be hard to get out of once things aren't going well?

Now to be clear that kind of behaviour is despicable and has no place and isn't ever likely to achieve anything positive.

I imagine Mr Clowes might get to know how fickle football fans are (if he didn’t know it already), in particular how long they intend to ‘be grateful’, in the not too distant future if the results/performances don’t improve to the satisfaction of what is probably a minority of fans - albeit a no doubt very vocal and potentially aggressive minority of fans.  I’d like to think Derby fans are different but I doubt it.  

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I suspect sooner rather than later, an owner is literally just gonna walk.  Stop the funding.  Not worry about getting something back from a sale.  Just shut up shop, and walk away.

Some football fans need to be careful what they wish for, and consider maybe showing a little more respect to their club's owner, regardless of how grim things may appear from the terraces.

#somedon'tappreciatewhattheyhaveuntiltheynolongerhaveit.

I think you'll find that it's already happened, and not a million millimetres away from Pride Park!

#administration

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think you'll find that it's already happened, and not a million millimetres away from Pride Park!

#administration

I hear what your saying, but I think (guess!) Mel's reaction was more to do with actual finances, and perhaps the grief from his peers (Other club owners) and overlords (EFL)?
And perhaps also towards a little embarrassment that his cunning plan didn't quite come to fruition... oh... and the fact that the puppet needed new strings.  They don't come cheap!

I was referring more to an owner that is more than prepared to keep on losing mucho dosho, but reacts to the ungrateful gobby little internet warriors that perhaps throw vile accusations and/or threats at said owner/owners family, along with sticks, stones, and rotten tomatoes at the family porch.
The sort of owner that openly blames the fans for his/her reasons for running for the hills, rather than money troubles. 

I don't think Mel took much stick from fans of his own club... prior to the big announcement, at least?   

19 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s worth pointing out he’s sent this on the morning of a home game!

He's also done it the day after their manager and captain put out a message calling for everyone to stick together - his statement has had the opposite effect and their fans are now at each others throats.....

5 hours ago, Foreveram said:

The abuse is obviously unacceptable.

On the topic of the club costing him 2 million a month, that's his problem, nobody elses. When you own a club you are ultimately responsible for the running of it. Had he run it better it wouldn't be costing him 2 million a month. Zero sympathy on that front.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Some clubs owners are so wealthy that a vengeful closing of a club wouldn't make the slightest dent in their finances. Some of these owners may be of a nature where they are likely to want revenge on the 'ungrateful' fans of the club they own. We could lose a really big club in this situation.

20 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Some clubs owners are so wealthy that a vengeful closing of a club wouldn't make the slightest dent in their finances. Some of these owners may be of a nature where they are likely to want revenge on the 'ungrateful' fans of the club they own. We could lose a really big club in this situation.

My thoughts exactly.   👍

26 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Which is exactly why owners should be forced to keep a % of the clubs turnover deposited in a fund that the club can access in the event they decide to throw the towel in.

You can walk if you want, but you don't get the deposit back and that cash gives the club a fighting chance.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Which is exactly why owners should be forced to keep a % of the clubs turnover deposited in a fund that the club can access in the event they decide to throw the towel in.

You can walk if you want, but you don't get the deposit back and that cash gives the club a fighting chance.

Nice thought... but I suspect the queue of interested suitors would then shrink even further from the somewhat short line up there appears to be already, whenever a club is put up for sale.  

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nice thought... but I suspect the queue of interested suitors would then shrink even further from the somewhat short line up there appears to be already, whenever a club is put up for sale.  

Double edged sword I guess, because I suspect the list of suitors that drop out would include almost all of the speculative chancers that end up driving clubs to the brink of oblivion.

Take Kirchner as an example, in a world where the criteria is much tighter he doesn't get anywhere near the stringing along he subjected us to. He just gets disqualified immediately.