Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

2 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Morecombe have also been done for this season, all but ending their play-off hopes.

My biggest take from that is that EFL costs to come to this decision is in excess of £300k.  I take it all the tea and biscuits came from a very decent farm shop, and not off the shelf at Morrisons!  😲

And what sort of deterrent is minus 2? They’ll make that up in the first game. That’s just equivalent to any game where they stupidly let in an equaliser in the last minute. We effectively got a minus two punishment in our last game for the crime of being a bit crap. 

They secured promotion and the riches that comes with through their breaches. It’s like saying they’re going to deter diving by handing out yellow cards, and then that becomes a slap on the wrist.

send them off, you’ll soon see it stop. And demote teams that break the rules, you’ll soon see it stop.

(although that is a bit like advocating the death penalty for shoplifting. Maybe I’m a tyrant. I hope not.)

As far as I am concerned as long as a club remains solvent .. either from simple trading profit or by virtue of an owner with deep pockets, I don’t care. 

The sporting and industrial model just doesn’t work. While there are zillionaire hobbyists or daft gamblers or cowboys mortgaging institutions we are in a mess

(Ownership of a football club isn’t really ownership, it never has been, never will be. They think they own them because of a few pieces of paper, in reality they are custodians (with a key to the stationary cupboard ) of something that only really belongs to the fans 

1 hour ago, jono said:

As far as I am concerned as long as a club remains solvent .. either from simple trading profit or by virtue of an owner with deep pockets, I don’t care. 

The sporting and industrial model just doesn’t work. While there are zillionaire hobbyists or daft gamblers or cowboys mortgaging institutions we are in a mess

(Ownership of a football club isn’t really ownership, it never has been, never will be. They think they own them because of a few pieces of paper, in reality they are custodians (with a key to the stationary cupboard ) of something that only really belongs to the fans 

But that’s exactly why there needs to be some rules in place. Without the rules, the owners don’t know this, think they can do what they want, and then just f*** up the club that isn’t their’s.

I find this especially amusing considering that the EFL's "expert witness" in their case against us for our stadium sale had claimed to have conducted a "stadium valuation" for Chelsea that turned out to have been an assessment of the "capital values of hotel sites" at Chelsea, so the asset they're selling here could very well have been valued by the EFL's witness against us. Funny how things seem to go in circles.

Meanwhile, the EFL tried to impose a Premier-league-mandated points deduction on Leicester. Leicester said, hold on, there's nothing in your rules that allows you to do this, and took out an injunction to stop it. The EFL said, "oh yes of course you're right" and withdrew the deduction.

My conclusion is that the EFL doesn't know its own rules and if we'd had the wherewithal to be able to contest their outrageous behaviour against us, we'd have won as well.

EFL statement:

Leicester Statement: 

I am 100% certain that had we not been in administration, had we not been being "run" by a group of men who knew nothing about actual football rules, had we not been threatened by a curly haired 🦨 and an 🚑🏃🏼‍♂️with claims for compensation that had no validity........, then we would have fought tooth and nail to be cleared of all points deductions and our good name restored.

Well , that last phrase is possibly stretching it a bit.

12 hours ago, richinspain said:

I am 100% certain that had we not been in administration, had we not been being "run" by a group of men who knew nothing about actual football rules, had we not been threatened by a curly haired 🦨 and an 🚑🏃🏼‍♂️with claims for compensation that had no validity........, then we would have fought tooth and nail to be cleared of all points deductions and our good name restored.

Well , that last phrase is possibly stretching it a bit.

Wonder if we could sue on the basis charged under a false premise ? 

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Meanwhile, the EFL tried to impose a Premier-league-mandated points deduction on Leicester. Leicester said, hold on, there's nothing in your rules that allows you to do this, and took out an injunction to stop it. The EFL said, "oh yes of course you're right" and withdrew the deduction.

My conclusion is that the EFL doesn't know its own rules and if we'd had the wherewithal to be able to contest their outrageous behaviour against us, we'd have won as well.

EFL statement:

Leicester Statement: 

They just make it up as they go along. I don't support Leicester breaking the rules but it's just clear to me that EFL is run by a cabal of club directors and go after clubs base on what they feel is right.

We need a regulator and proper process.

21 hours ago, JfR said:

Over in the Netherlands, Vitesse have been deducted 18 points, and, with only four games to go, could very well end the season on -1 point.

Ah yes…. “Daar klampen wij ons aan vast en ganne we volle bak mee door” 

I’m sure we all concur - I couldn't have put it better myself