The FBI have got the Kirch!

Heisenberg

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Blimey, I started off in 1C1 then 2C1 and in third year was promoted to 3B, also left school at 15. Worked at John Menzies (wholesale newsagents) down by the train station in Carrington Street. Joined the Royal Navy at 16, met a Plymouth girl whilst a serving in the Navy and married her, hence why I'm based in her home city. Beaky Jackson sticks in my mind, think he was History teacher and deadly with the blackboard rubber (never threw it at me though). I used to hang around with Mick Barber, Dave Smith, Dave Pearce, Steve Douglas and Andy Moore.

We were in the same class then, I started off in 1B how that worked I do not know, By Xmas I was moved to 1C1 then 2C1, I remember the above names also Malc Lewis, Vic Allsop, Mick Lister, Ant Luker, Andrew Gianelli...those were the ones who I hung around with, Yes Jackson was the history teacher, Thornehill music teacher a giant of a woman, Miss Davis RE teacher blind as 2 bats, Mr Chambers science teacher, Mr Rocket geography teacher...I was late to his class once and he shouted "why are you late" I told him I couldn't find the classroom ?, Mr Kominski art teacher, Mr Paine metalwork teacher...yes those were the days ?

20 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

This seems pretty interesting?

Hopefully their response to this next question will be equally interesting:-

"Many thanks for your email.

It appears to infer that the takeover did not go ahead because the EFL withdrew the application.

This is clearly at odds with what was reported at the time, so I wondered if you could provide clarification on this point."

My guess is they will fall back on confidentiality!

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hopefully their response to this next question will be equally interesting:-

"Many thanks for your email.

It appears to infer that the takeover did not go ahead because the EFL withdrew the application.

This is clearly at odds with what was reported at the time, so I wondered if you could provide clarification on this point."

My guess is they will fall back on confidentiality!

My guess is we'll be docked 10 points 

Kirch’s bizarre lifestyle made no sense. He was at the helm of a company that was at a crucial stage in its development and he spent his whole time swanning off to play with his boys’ toys. It just shows how the venture capital world works - investors are awash with cash, they do their diligence, write the cheques, then move on to the next deal leaving the company founders in charge. Nevertheless it’s astonishing that - with the private jet and serial bids for football clubs - the investors didn’t get involved. 

He is still a major shareholder. So I’d think that when the poo hit the propellor Goldman Sachs and the other investors would have said to him - this is fraud, hand over most of your shares, and we’ll all move on. I’d think the the FBI were called in only because Kirch refused to do a deal with them and decided instead to throw the legal dice. 

The investors continue to support Slync so his shareholding continues to increase in value even with him out of the picture. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

On 20/02/2023 at 15:09, alram said:

the guy trying to take over sheffield united seems like a clone of kirchner

it is laughable that he actually passed the fit and proper persons test, that should tell you all you need to know about it.

heavan forbid where we would be if he got it over the line. i dread to think

It is interesting. That guy has an outstanding debt of £30k dating back to 2020 for unpaid rent. Seems odd for someone willing to spend £90m on a football club.
The market value of his company dropped to a 20th of what it was a couple of years ago too (almost $8b down)

Latest response from the EFL:-

"Thank you for your reply, we appreciate you getting back in touch.

While I note your comments, the EFL’s position has remained unchanged.

There are various requirements considered in the event of an ownership application process, as previously advised. One element of the process includes Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) declarations and along with that is providing source and sufficiency of funding. It was after further investigation into related matters that required League approval, that Mr Kirchner’s application was withdrawn.

Again while I note your interest I’m afraid we are not able to provide any additional comments aside from those provided in this email.

Thank you for contacting the EFL."

Such a disingenuous bunch of s*** houses. 

On 20/02/2023 at 11:24, Eddie said:

I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to feel at 70. My father and both grandfathers never made it anywhere close. I do have a morbid curiosity when reading about dead rock stars, footballers from the past and other celebrities - my first thought upon reading about their demise at a relatively young age is usually "Ha! Beat another"

Another 7 years and you can thumb your nose at Motty.....?

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Latest response from the EFL:-

"Thank you for your reply, we appreciate you getting back in touch.

While I note your comments, the EFL’s position has remained unchanged.

There are various requirements considered in the event of an ownership application process, as previously advised. One element of the process includes Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) declarations and along with that is providing source and sufficiency of funding. It was after further investigation into related matters that required League approval, that Mr Kirchner’s application was withdrawn.

Again while I note your interest I’m afraid we are not able to provide any additional comments aside from those provided in this email.

Thank you for contacting the EFL."

Such a disingenuous bunch of s*** houses. 

How do they get away with being so s**t at everything they do?

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

How do they get away with being so s**t at everything they do?

You have to understand that the *only* thing the EFL (as a governing body) care about, is preserving their own cushy little existence.  They don't care about protecting football itself, or football clubs, or looking after fans interests, or doing the "right" thing.  They just want to carry on in their own little bubble, taking the path of least resistance through everything, where nobody else bothers them. 

It explains why they were happy to let Mel Morris do whatever he wanted, up until someone else moaned and they had to deal with it.  It explains why they are suddenly pretending they were onto Kirchner all along, rather than look bad for allowing an obviously dodgy guy to pass their little owners test.   It explains why they buried their heads over the 'Boro/Wycombe claims rather than make a decision that might come back to bite them down the line. And so on, and so on, and so on.

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

You have to understand that the *only* thing the EFL (as a governing body) care about, is preserving their own cushy little existence.  They don't care about protecting football itself, or football clubs, or looking after fans interests, or doing the "right" thing.  They just want to carry on in their own little bubble, taking the path of least resistance through everything, where nobody else bothers them. 

It explains why they were happy to let Mel Morris do whatever he wanted, up until someone else moaned and they had to deal with it.  It explains why they are suddenly pretending they were onto Kirchner all along, rather than look bad for allowing an obviously dodgy guy to pass their little owners test.   It explains why they buried their heads over the 'Boro/Wycombe claims rather than make a decision that might come back to bite them down the line. And so on, and so on, and so on.

dont expect any difference in behaviours from a state appointed regulator.....

• 1 month later...

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/entrepreneurs/2023/03/27/how-a-southlake-tech-ceos-high-flying-lifestyle-imploded/

"Of the $67 million the company collected from Goldman Sachs and other investors in 2020 and 2021, Kirchner stole $28 million to “fund his lavish lifestyle,” according to the SEC complaint. He spent $495,000 on a luxury suite at a North Texas sports stadium, about $22,000 on membership fees for a private golf club in Westlake, over $902,000 on personal credit card charges and about $274,000 for luxury concierge services for his private jet.

Kirchner needed permission from his chief of staff to transfer more than $100,000 out of the company’s main bank account, according to the complaint. Before purchasing his plane, he messaged the chief of staff that there was a “big week coming up” for the company so he could transfer $20 million without raising any alarms.

He sold the aircraft in August 2022 for $17 million to help pay off his debts."

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/entrepreneurs/2023/03/27/how-a-southlake-tech-ceos-high-flying-lifestyle-imploded/

"Of the $67 million the company collected from Goldman Sachs and other investors in 2020 and 2021, Kirchner stole $28 million to “fund his lavish lifestyle,” according to the SEC complaint. He spent $495,000 on a luxury suite at a North Texas sports stadium, about $22,000 on membership fees for a private golf club in Westlake, over $902,000 on personal credit card charges and about $274,000 for luxury concierge services for his private jet.

Kirchner needed permission from his chief of staff to transfer more than $100,000 out of the company’s main bank account, according to the complaint. Before purchasing his plane, he messaged the chief of staff that there was a “big week coming up” for the company so he could transfer $20 million without raising any alarms.

He sold the aircraft in August 2022 for $17 million to help pay off his debts."

I look forward to the day when someone posts on here that he's been sentenced to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty and helping the FBI with their enquiries.

Life would be better Oh My Wow GIF by ABC Network