The FBI have got the Kirch!

Heisenberg

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whippersnapper!

*I turned 60 last month.  I've been dying to say that to someone for 4 weeks now.  You're the first.  Thanks!  ?

60, the new 40 Mucker.  I turn 69 next Friday. Four of us (me, my 2 lads and bro in Law) will be in the Neppy for much of the day if you fancy popping ing

1 hour ago, I Am Sheep said:

On the beeb site but nothing really new to add

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64661252.amp

You say that, but that little nugget with the EFL now saying we withdrew our approval when we became aware of multiple sources of funding during the bid?! ??????. We know if Kirchners money had landed he would have been the owner.

That organisation is something else, blatantly lying to cover try and cover its own backside!!

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

You say that, but that little nugget with the EFL now saying we withdrew our approval when we became aware of multiple sources of funding during the bid?! ??????. We know if Kirchners money had landed he would have been the owner.

That organisation is something else, blatantly lying to cover try and cover its own backside!!

I don't think that's quite what they're saying.  They're saying they saw evidence of multiple sources of finance, but that was fine. I suspect a lot of bids would involve multiple sources, e.g. it's quite possible that Clowes bid involved some of his personal money, some from other family members, some from Clowes Development Ltd, possibly even some financing from somewhere etc.  Multiple sources probably isn't unusual, what matters is you can prove that you legally have access to that money, which presumably Kirchner did at the time.

The weird bit is the EFL claiming they withdrew approval at any relevant point.  From what I remember, the timeline was basically we/Quantuma asked for the money a bunch of times, and eventually Kirchner withdrew from the process when it became clear he couldn't produce it.  If the EFL had withdrawn approval at any point before that, the entire process would have stopped dead and we'd have known about it.  The EFL would have absolutely used that as a reason to criticise Quantuma in public again.  But I don't remember it happening.

So it sounds to me like the EFL are trying to claim that they were the sensible ones and stepped in to stop the takeover, when in actual fact they probably withdrew approval after Kirchner had already dropped out.  So textbook bolting the door after the horse has bolted, and typical of the EFL trying to save face when they've screwed up publicly again.

40 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do hope he gets a fair trial.

In one of the more barbaric states preferably.

To clarify, I bought a bottle of Lidl bourbon when it was announced. I did not enjoy it. Now I hope a "shiv" (is that what it's called?) comes his way.

He's in the right state...Texas

"shiv" is the right term...but not before he gets Rogered by a big Pee Noose ?

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do hope he gets a fair trial.

In one of the more barbaric states preferably.

To clarify, I bought a bottle of Lidl bourbon when it was announced. I did not enjoy it. Now I hope a "shiv" (is that what it's called?) comes his way.

He'll go to jail, not prison. A significant distinction in the US, irrespective of state. Fraud is deemed a 'white collar crime' and he'll not be locked up with hardened crims, least I very much doubt it. I know you're only kidding, but I wouldn't wish prison in the US on anyone. Grim AF. 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

He'll go to jail, not prison. A significant distinction in the US, irrespective of state. Fraud is deemed a 'white collar crime' and he'll not be locked up with hardened crims, least I very much doubt it. I know you're only kidding, but I wouldn't wish prison in the US on anyone. Grim AF. 

You're right I'm only kidding with this stuff. But I really did not enjoy Lidl's "Western Gold" bourbon. Perhaps i should've spent the extra for the aged version, or just bought jim beam, however, i entirely blame it on Kirch. was so bad i had to drown it in fizzy pop to be drinkable.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You're right I'm only kidding with this stuff. But I really did not enjoy Lidl's "Western Gold" bourbon. Perhaps i should've spent the extra for the aged version, or just bought jim beam, however, i entirely blame it on Kirch. was so bad i had to drown it in fizzy pop to be drinkable.

Try Maker's Mark or Bullet if Bourbon is your tipple. Both mid-range price wise and good enough to drink sans fizzy pop.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Try Maker's Mark or Bullet if Bourbon is your tipple. Both mid-range price wise and good enough to drink sans fizzy pop.

I'm usually a scotch drinker, the lidl bourbon was an impulse buy the day kirch was announced. I've had and enjoyed Woodford reserve and buffalo traces as bourbons as well as bullet. Not tried Makers Mark but might have to at some point. Had a bottle of bullet rye years ago, kinda liked it but deffo an aquired taste.

5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't think that's quite what they're saying.  They're saying they saw evidence of multiple sources of finance, but that was fine. I suspect a lot of bids would involve multiple sources, e.g. it's quite possible that Clowes bid involved some of his personal money, some from other family members, some from Clowes Development Ltd, possibly even some financing from somewhere etc.  Multiple sources probably isn't unusual, what matters is you can prove that you legally have access to that money, which presumably Kirchner did at the time.

The weird bit is the EFL claiming they withdrew approval at any relevant point.  From what I remember, the timeline was basically we/Quantuma asked for the money a bunch of times, and eventually Kirchner withdrew from the process when it became clear he couldn't produce it.  If the EFL had withdrawn approval at any point before that, the entire process would have stopped dead and we'd have known about it.  The EFL would have absolutely used that as a reason to criticise Quantuma in public again.  But I don't remember it happening.

So it sounds to me like the EFL are trying to claim that they were the sensible ones and stepped in to stop the takeover, when in actual fact they probably withdrew approval after Kirchner had already dropped out.  So textbook bolting the door after the horse has bolted, and typical of the EFL trying to save face when they've screwed up publicly again.

Without going back through the article again as I was posting - that’s exactly what I was trying to say!! Diplomatically you can say at best it’s the EFL misleading people to save face, we all know what happened and as you say it was bolting the door after the horse has bolted. I’m more inclined to say it’s a barefaced lie, they never withdrew their approval because the deal fell through, if it hadn’t fallen through Kirchner would’ve taken over. 

7 hours ago, I Am Sheep said:

On the beeb site but nothing really new to add

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-64661252.amp

EFL says it withdrew its approval "after further investigation into related matters"? 

Er.. like the money didn't turn up so Quantuma called time on the deal? Nothing to do with EFL was it? Typical spin from EFL. 

On 16/02/2023 at 19:42, gfs1ram said:

Ah you youngsters !!!  

You ought to have been there in the tough old days of 60 - 65 when boys were men and girls were , well, girls ?

Was Jimmy Lingard rip still around in your day (bar steward ?) ?

I went there in 61. He was still there when my eldest daughter went

8 hours ago, SaffyRam said:

The final paragraph doesn’t mention that after his bid at Preston fell through, he came back to us again. 

Invited back by Quantum allegedly. Then when the promised funds were delayed and then delayed again and again, the EFL shot up to Derby to take over the takeover and ensured it got done to save their own embarrassment. From wanting to extinguish us, they ensured our survival to save their own skins.