The FBI have got the Kirch!

Heisenberg

On 18/02/2023 at 08:49, G STAR RAM said:

A response from the EFL when I questioned how our club got so close to falling into the hands of a fraudster:-

"Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch in this regard.

As I am sure you will appreciate there is a significant range of information that the EFL is party to during a change of control process that must remain private and confidential.

In this particular case, whilst we are limited as to what we can divulge, a significant amount of time was invested in the due diligence process with the EFL requesting additional information from Mr Kirchner. It is important to clarify that the EFL approves changes of control based on purchasers and Clubs meeting the requirements of its Regulations. The EFL undertook a full and comprehensive review of the proposed purchase of the Club by Mr Kirchner in accordance with those Regulations.

This included requirements to provide evidence of funding and submitting to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test. The Owners’ and Directors’ Test is a subjective test that measures all ‘relevant persons’ against a series of disqualifying conditions. The full test can be read on the EFL website here.

The additional requirement is for individuals to provide source and sufficiency of funds, to demonstrate their ability to operate a Club sustainably moving forward. The EFL duly received and considered both UK and US-based evidence, that ultimately led to a withdrawal of the application.

As above I am afraid we are not in a position to comment further on specific details as it involves personal and confidential information relating to Mr Kirchner. Nevertheless I hope that has helped to clarify the matters your raised, and thank you for contacting the EFL."

This seems pretty interesting?

On 18/02/2023 at 08:49, G STAR RAM said:

A response from the EFL when I questioned how our club got so close to falling into the hands of a fraudster:-

"Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch in this regard.

As I am sure you will appreciate there is a significant range of information that the EFL is party to during a change of control process that must remain private and confidential.

In this particular case, whilst we are limited as to what we can divulge, a significant amount of time was invested in the due diligence process with the EFL requesting additional information from Mr Kirchner. It is important to clarify that the EFL approves changes of control based on purchasers and Clubs meeting the requirements of its Regulations. The EFL undertook a full and comprehensive review of the proposed purchase of the Club by Mr Kirchner in accordance with those Regulations.

This included requirements to provide evidence of funding and submitting to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test. The Owners’ and Directors’ Test is a subjective test that measures all ‘relevant persons’ against a series of disqualifying conditions. The full test can be read on the EFL website here.

The additional requirement is for individuals to provide source and sufficiency of funds, to demonstrate their ability to operate a Club sustainably moving forward. The EFL duly received and considered both UK and US-based evidence, that ultimately led to a withdrawal of the application.

As above I am afraid we are not in a position to comment further on specific details as it involves personal and confidential information relating to Mr Kirchner. Nevertheless I hope that has helped to clarify the matters your raised, and thank you for contacting the EFL."

They've clearly worded that to infer that they gave Old Krishna an ultimatum... "Back out now punk, else we'll expose you whilst simultaneously vetoing your application anyway". 

How very bullshitt of 'em!  ?

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It seems to be what they told the press ie a pack of lies as usual. They didn’t withdraw their approval until Quantuma had already withdrawn preferred bidder status and Kirchner himself pulled out. 

I think I've forgotten what was claimed - couldn't remember this EFL claim.

the guy trying to take over sheffield united seems like a clone of kirchner

it is laughable that he actually passed the fit and proper persons test, that should tell you all you need to know about it.

heavan forbid where we would be if he got it over the line. i dread to think

Sky Sports article from back then: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12633357/chris-kirchner-withdraws-derby-county-bid

"Sky Sports News understands that Kirchner's withdrawal has come as a shock to the EFL and Quantuma - both of whom had been given reassurances as recently as Sunday that Kirchner was determined to complete the sale."

The EFL being shocked at Kirchner withdrawing is hardly the response you'd expect if they'd already told Kirchner they'd withdrawn his approval...

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Sky Sports article from back then: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12633357/chris-kirchner-withdraws-derby-county-bid

"Sky Sports News understands that Kirchner's withdrawal has come as a shock to the EFL and Quantuma - both of whom had been given reassurances as recently as Sunday that Kirchner was determined to complete the sale."

The EFL being shocked at Kirchner withdrawing is hardly the response you'd expect if they'd already told Kirchner they'd withdrawn his approval...

Thanks. Like I say , Efl telling whoppers. Par for the course. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sorry H.  Won't be around, buddy.  ?

I'm at that age where we've been getting sudden urges for comfort and warmth, so we are pre-booked to spend the day at the NEC to see if we can be cajoled from our tent, into a caravan (of all things! ?), and then a stop-off on the way back to visit friends. 
It's very early days yet, in this particular quest, but one cannot just keep putting these inevitabilities to one side!  ?

Have a safe trip pal, and a cracking birthday.  Muckerette sends her regards, and we'll both raise our glasses for you on the big day.  

Have a good 'un mate.  ? ?

Ta Mucker. Friday in town, Satdeh Barnsley for the game and Derby in the evening, a few liveners Sunday before getting the train around 1 or 2  back to Brum for the flight back home. Mebbe next time. We're over for the FGR away game (corporate again) but flying into Brizzle and staying about 2 miles from the New Lawn ground so not in Derby.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Ta Mucker. Friday in town, Satdeh Barnsley for the game and Derby in the evening, a few liveners Sunday before getting the train around 1 or 2  back to Brum for the flight back home. Mebbe next time. We're over for the FGR away game (corporate again) but flying into Brizzle and staying about 2 miles from the New Lawn ground so not in Derby.

Ayup Ammy! Did you manage to get your Barnsley tickets in the end?

11 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I'm 67 in April, We must have been in the same year, I left at 15 years old, Never liked school so got out ASAP, Eckersley the PE teacher, Kay the headmaster, Hill his deputy, I was in 3C1 for the not so clever and not so stupid, Then last year was 4 General.

Blimey, I started off in 1C1 then 2C1 and in third year was promoted to 3B, also left school at 15. Worked at John Menzies (wholesale newsagents) down by the train station in Carrington Street. Joined the Royal Navy at 16, met a Plymouth girl whilst a serving in the Navy and married her, hence why I'm based in her home city. Beaky Jackson sticks in my mind, think he was History teacher and deadly with the blackboard rubber (never threw it at me though). I used to hang around with Mick Barber, Dave Smith, Dave Pearce, Steve Douglas and Andy Moore.