The FBI have got the Kirch!

Heisenberg

On 15/02/2023 at 08:57, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would still love to know what he would have done with the club had he got it.

Crazy as this sounds, Couhig and Gibbo actually helped save the club by delaying a takeover to chances.

I hope they don't read our forum site, they'll be crying in their coffee cup.

13 hours ago, MadAmster said:

60, the new 40 Mucker.  I turn 69 next Friday. Four of us (me, my 2 lads and bro in Law) will be in the Neppy for much of the day if you fancy popping ing

It's a great age. For a whole year, when asked your age, you will be able to reply

69-dudes2.gif.ee9a5c17525d7787e0b91b32201298e9.gif

Unfortunately, I lose said privileges on Monday next.

13 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Us Olive Eden lads always thought Henry Cav lads were a bit strange ?

If your'e 78 and went to Olive Eden School, you are the same age as my auntie who also went to the same school. She was called Sandra Wallis, her mum (my Gran) was a big friend of Olive Eden. Olive Eden was the local councillor who lived in Rupert Road, Chaddesden. She was behind the idea of having a school built, hence why it was named after her.

A response from the EFL when I questioned how our club got so close to falling into the hands of a fraudster:-

"Thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate you getting in touch in this regard.

As I am sure you will appreciate there is a significant range of information that the EFL is party to during a change of control process that must remain private and confidential.

In this particular case, whilst we are limited as to what we can divulge, a significant amount of time was invested in the due diligence process with the EFL requesting additional information from Mr Kirchner. It is important to clarify that the EFL approves changes of control based on purchasers and Clubs meeting the requirements of its Regulations. The EFL undertook a full and comprehensive review of the proposed purchase of the Club by Mr Kirchner in accordance with those Regulations.

This included requirements to provide evidence of funding and submitting to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test. The Owners’ and Directors’ Test is a subjective test that measures all ‘relevant persons’ against a series of disqualifying conditions. The full test can be read on the EFL website here.

The additional requirement is for individuals to provide source and sufficiency of funds, to demonstrate their ability to operate a Club sustainably moving forward. The EFL duly received and considered both UK and US-based evidence, that ultimately led to a withdrawal of the application.

As above I am afraid we are not in a position to comment further on specific details as it involves personal and confidential information relating to Mr Kirchner. Nevertheless I hope that has helped to clarify the matters your raised, and thank you for contacting the EFL."

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I hope they don't read our forum site, they'll be crying in their coffee cup.

I'm not sure that's the case - the unresolved claims from Boro and Wycombe were the main reason that there were no firm bids until Morris did a deal with Gibson. Without those claims, the pathway to a deal with legitimate creditors would have been smoother. 

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If your'e 78 and went to Olive Eden School, you are the same age as my auntie who also went to the same school. She was called Sandra Wallis, her mum (my Gran) was a big friend of Olive Eden. Olive Eden was the local councillor who lived in Rupert Road, Chaddesden. She was behind the idea of having a school built, hence why it was named after her.

I'm not 78 that's Turk Thrust ??I'm 66, I was always led to believe that the ground that Olive Eden was built on was owned by Olive Eden, Rupert Road is just off Wood Road an old playground of ours, Across the road was Lennox the DIY store where in the 60s I had to get a gallon of paraffin from the machine outside the shop...Esso Blue ?, A shilling(5p)a gallon, Dad would fill the heater and we'd all have headaches from the fumes...all because we'd ran out of coal ? 

On 18/02/2023 at 09:05, The Last Post said:

I'm not 78 that's Turk Thrust ??I'm 66, I was always led to believe that the ground that Olive Eden was built on was owned by Olive Eden, Rupert Road is just off Wood Road an old playground of ours, Across the road was Lennox the DIY store where in the 60s I had to get a gallon of paraffin from the machine outside the shop...Esso Blue ?, A shilling(5p)a gallon, Dad would fill the heater and we'd all have headaches from the fumes...all because we'd ran out of coal ? 

Apologies for aging you by 12 years, you must have been at Olive Eden school the same time as myself having just turned 67 recently. Olive Eden did'nt own the land the school was built on, she was the main campaigner with the council that pushed for a school to be built in that part of Chaddesden. My Grandma was a close friend of her's and lived in Lathkill Road not to far from Wood Road. My Auntie used to live in Gertrude Road but moved years ago, but still lives in Chaddesden. Funny you should mention Lennox DIY store, my Grandad worked there as a part-time chippie (in the 60's) having retired from the railway after 47 years service.

On 17/02/2023 at 00:02, CBRammette said:

This thread is why I love this forum - how did a thread about the con artist turn into friends reunited? Its just brilliant. We should get an award

Seems to be getting worse! ?

I tell you what... if that senile old coot @unluckyalf was still about, he'd have bloody loved this! ?
Thank God he's no longer posting on here, that's all I can say!

?

Edited by Mucker1884

On 18/02/2023 at 09:05, The Last Post said:

I’m 76! I also lived in Chaddesden but in the more salubrious area of Valley Road.

13 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Apologies for aging you by 12 years, you must have been at Olive Eden school the same time as myself having just turned 67 recently. Olive Eden did'nt own the land the school was built on, she was the main campaigner with the council that pushed for a school to be built in that part of Chaddesden. My Grandma was a close friend of her's and lived in Lathkill Road not to far from Wood Road. My Auntie used to live in Gertrude Road but moved years ago, but still lives in Chaddesden. Funny you should mention Lennox DIY store, my Grandad worked there as a part-time chippie (in the 60's) having retired from the railway after 47 years service.

I'm 67 in April, We must have been in the same year, I left at 15 years old, Never liked school so got out ASAP, Eckersley the PE teacher, Kay the headmaster, Hill his deputy, I was in 3C1 for the not so clever and not so stupid, Then last year was 4 General.

53 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

70. The new 50 so just 19 more years until you can repeat said privileges ?

I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to feel at 70. My father and both grandfathers never made it anywhere close. I do have a morbid curiosity when reading about dead rock stars, footballers from the past and other celebrities - my first thought upon reading about their demise at a relatively young age is usually "Ha! Beat another"

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I honestly have no idea how I'm supposed to feel at 70. My father and both grandfathers never made it anywhere close. I do have a morbid curiosity when reading about dead rock stars, footballers from the past and other celebrities - my first thought upon reading about their demise at a relatively young age is usually "Ha! Beat another"

I laughed at your post... and I can (sort of) laugh at my own little related story nowadays... but I have to say, the day I reached the age my dad succumbed (49 yrs + 187 days) wasn't the best!  It hit me like a ton of bricks, in all honesty!  ?
Hey, life goes on, and I'm a great believer in the positives generally.  But it was just such a weird day, and totally out of character for me to be so melancholy!   

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I laughed at your post... and I can (sort of) laugh at my own little related story nowadays... but I have to say, the day I reached the age my dad succumbed (49 yrs + 187 days) wasn't the best!  It hit me like a ton of bricks, in all honesty!  ?
Hey, life goes on, and I'm a great believer in the positives generally.  But it was just such a weird day, and totally out of character for me to be so melancholy!   

Along with paying tax, it's one of life's few guarantees. It gets us all in the end. Just enjoy each day. That's what I do. Hope to see you Friday if you can get into town at some point.

18 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Along with paying tax, it's one of life's few guarantees. It gets us all in the end. Just enjoy each day. That's what I do. Hope to see you Friday if you can get into town at some point.

Sorry H.  Won't be around, buddy.  ?

I'm at that age where we've been getting sudden urges for comfort and warmth, so we are pre-booked to spend the day at the NEC to see if we can be cajoled from our tent, into a caravan (of all things! ?), and then a stop-off on the way back to visit friends. 
It's very early days yet, in this particular quest, but one cannot just keep putting these inevitabilities to one side!  ?

Have a safe trip pal, and a cracking birthday.  Muckerette sends her regards, and we'll both raise our glasses for you on the big day.  

Have a good 'un mate.  ? ?