Warne wins January Manager of the Month

admira

We don’t win many of these so let’s enjoy it. 

November 1996. Jim Smith

November 2006. Billy Davies

January 2007  Billy Davies

December 2013. Steve McClaren

November 2016. Steve McClaren

October 2017. Gary Rowett

December 2017. Gary Rowett 

January 2023. Paul Warne

Edited by admira

1 hour ago, admira said:

We don’t win many of these so let’s enjoy it. 

November 1996. Jim Smith

November 2006. Billy Davies

January 2007  Billy Davies

December 2013. Steve McClaren

November 2016. Steve McClaren

October 2017. Gary Rowett

December 2017. Gary Rowett 

January 2023. Paul Warne

Interesting to see we only ever seem to win it in the winter months (Oct-Jan) and that we never won it between 1996 and 2006 when we had such a good team in the late 90s.

Results (obviously the most important thing) aside, the culture he’s creating at the club is superb. 

It appears that David Clowes has pulled off a master stroke by bringing Warne in, the whole feel of the place is so positive at the moment with happy smiling players and a charismatic manager who’s got them running through brick walls for him. Style of plays nowhere near as bad as first foretold either. 

Im convinced he takes us up either this season or next and has us challenging in the championship top six before too long. I just hope we keep him flying under the radar for a while as I can see a Norwich type club coming in for him before too long.

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

Results (obviously the most important thing) aside, the culture he’s creating at the club is superb. 

It appears that David Clowes has pulled off a master stroke by bringing Warne in, the whole feel of the place is so positive at the moment with happy smiling players and a charismatic manager who’s got them running through brick walls for him. Style of plays nowhere near as bad as first foretold either. 

Im convinced he takes us up either this season or next and has us challenging in the championship top six before too long. I just hope we keep him flying under the radar for a while as I can see a Norwich type club coming in for him before too long.

I agree with this on the whole, fans just need to remember the bigger picture if we pick up a few poor results. Amazing how quickly some folk can turn (not aiming that at anyone in particular).