Harvey White - signed on-loan for rest of the season

Heisenberg

Hi lads, Spurs fan here!

I watch quite a lot of our u21 games so hopefully I can give a fair assessment of where he's at and what he might bring you.
He's a very versatile player, he mainly plays CM or DM but has filled in at LB (our u21s dont have a natural LB) a lot and played at LM. Conte even started him as a false 9 in place of Kane in our post-worldcup friendlies but before you get your hopes up he's not a natural striker! IMO like a lot of creative players his best role is possibly AM in a free role but he's not played there much recently because our u21 team has quite a lot of forwards to accommodate. He was loaned out to Pompey a couple of seasons ago and I believe the club have had loan offers for him pretty much every window since but they've been blocked by the club for various reason which has frustratingly stalled his development a bit. He's got great range of passing and not sure how many of them are on youtube but he's scored some unbelievable direct freekicks over the years in the youth teams. The youth coaches have said he's one of the smartest players they've coached and according to the Pompey manager when he was there he's very easy to coach, "You only have to tell him an instruction once. He's like a sponge and you'll tell him something once and then he'll be doing it. He's so easy to coach, a coach's dream."

Hopefully it all goes ahead and he does well for you and maybe he can go on loan again with you next season in the championship ?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Omar commanded a lot in fees and played in top leagues in Europe after he left us. I think he was plenty talented. 

I didn’t say he wasn’t talented. I merely gave a clue about who I was referring to…

Mascarell was alright for us, George was excellent. Their careers since are a different matter.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Very versatile player, can play in any position in central midfield and left back. Good left foot and seems a good lad. Would make sense this one it checks a lot of the boxes for what we need. Happy with this. 

Hope he is decent but will hold fire on my judgement until I have seen him play a few times ?

Could be a very important signing this with Bird out for a while. We’ve only got Thompson for that role at the moment, really need another option. Presumably will mean we’re not signing a RB now, and will leave Smith out there instead.

Remember him being really highly rated a couple of years back, so well done to those involved for pulling this off.