Harvey White - signed on-loan for rest of the season

Heisenberg

I've done a deep dive on him, it was actually two seasons ago when he was at Portsmouth. They felt that he was technically a good footballer, but struggled to have an impact on games.

He's since remained at Spurs, been a part of their first team, albeit appearances have been sparse. Mourinho was actually the first to integrate him into the first team picture. He's only made one appearances this season, despite being on the bench a couple of times, he played DM against Arsenal last week in a 2-1 win (U21 level). 

He looks in a similar mould to Liam Thompson. I'm sure he will prove to be a good player to have, but the last position I expected us to make a move - unless, of course, Bird is out until April (for example). 

Seen a few on Twitter assume that it means the Bird injury is a bad one.

Even if it’s a middle ground of 4 weeks before he’s back, that’s the whole of February where we play 6 times. That’s a third of the remaining games so it’s going to have a big indication on how the rest of the season goes.

If we can get a like for like replacement, it could be invaluable. I remember when Eustace was in really good form, and we signed a midfielder who wasn’t particularly needed at the time. He wasn’t bad.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’d imagine Warne wants a striker and a CM or RB.

If we can’t find a right back to suit, Smith stays there and we look for a midfielder. If we can’t find a midfielder, we sign a right back and Smith moves into midfield.

Seems like a spot-on analysis to me. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I've done a deep dive on him, it was actually two seasons ago when he was at Portsmouth. They felt that he was technically a good footballer, but struggled to have an impact on games.

He's since remained at Spurs, been a part of their first team, albeit appearances have been sparse. Mourinho was actually the first to integrate him into the first team picture. He's only made one appearances this season, despite being on the bench a couple of times, he played DM against Arsenal last week in a 2-1 win (U21 level). 

He looks in a similar mould to Liam Thompson. I'm sure he will prove to be a good player to have, but the last position I expected us to make a move - unless, of course, Bird is out until April (for example). 

Even if Bird was out that long we still have Hourihane Smith knight Sibley and Tompson which is very decent and Rooney can play right back or even midfield and we still have Chester who could play right back - if we use up our options in midfield we may not get a centre forward - I think we are struggling to get an experienced one who is any good anyway.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Why would we look to shift Korey Smith if we don't need to? Sure, he could fill the Bird role, but he's hitting prime form at FB and this lad is highly rated and a like for like replacement rather than a stopgap. Can't see anything confirming this as yet but I hope the rumour is true.

Nothing on SKY, just been at Spuds ?

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Correct - El Hamdaoui - cost us Huddlestone sell on clause and add ons, England appearances catch - he was injured all the time! 
Smith did ok I suppose to be replaced early on by wisdom and Carroll was a child and we were forced to play him every game and our midfield opened up like a black hole - I shudder 

Missed Hossam Ghaly. He was actually alright. 

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Who is McGee ?

510CF5AA-B319-47FC-A4A1-E145DA4C8D05.jpeg

the goalkeeper we signed this week. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yes seems like a mix of Bird and Thompson. I'd rather just give Thompson a chance but time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Even if Bird was out that long we still have Hourihane Smith knight Sibley and Tompson which is very decent and Rooney can play right back or even midfield and we still have Chester who could play right back - if we use up our options in midfield we may not get a centre forward - I think we are struggling to get an experienced one who is any good anyway.

Chester is out till April too. 

I'm in agreement, I would rather see us opt for a striker but it seems like we're struggling to get one that we like enough. 

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Have this guy and Sibbo ever been seen in the same room?

image.png.bcfe3525a81b7be257dce3c087919cf0.pngI was just about to say: I haven't done any deep dives on this guy but I did stare hard at this picture for 10 seconds or so and I can confirm he does look quite a lot like Louie Sibley.