Harvey White - signed on-loan for rest of the season

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That would be some going

I wouldn’t count it out. The lad has class. Not explosive like Mount or imperious like our George but hugely contained intelligent and controlled for 18. … it’s going to be interesting over the next 3 games or so. He could put down a real marker and he’ll get noticed here .. good for us and good for Spurs.

Got a decent shot and set price on him has well. Hopefully the brief 442 starting experiment has finished, yesterday proved the value of having hourihane 30 yards from opo goal and not playing sweeper like he did for that first half against Lincoln. The other impressive thing with white was how he played after early foul from Clare, how that wasn't a red

29 minutes ago, jono said:

I wouldn’t count it out. The lad has class. Not explosive like Mount or imperious like our George but hugely contained intelligent and controlled for 18. … it’s going to be interesting over the next 3 games or so. He could put down a real marker and he’ll get noticed here .. good for us and good for Spurs.

He's 21 but nevertheless, in the little we've seen of him so far, looks to have real quality and composure. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 10:28, chadlad said:

I am a big fan of ? but feel this lad may be something of an upgrade.

Will be interesting to see who is left out when Max is fit again. ?

Not seen much from him yet to make me think he would take Birds place in the team.

Think Bird has been a massive loss for us and its no coincidence we are not really controlling games since he has been injured.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not seen much from him yet to make me think he would take Birds place in the team.

Think Bird has been a massive loss for us and its no coincidence we are not really controlling games since he has been injured.

Bird is a far better player than Harvey, certainly at the moment. They are both still young and it remains to be seen who develops furthest. There is absolutely zero chance of Bird not coming back into the team as soon as he is fit

11 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Bird is a far better player than Harvey, certainly at the moment. They are both still young and it remains to be seen who develops furthest. There is absolutely zero chance of Bird not coming back into the team as soon as he is fit

Not seen enough of Harvey yet to fully agree with that statement but to date he has certainly not been the instant replacement that we required.

On 02/03/2023 at 19:01, G STAR RAM said:

HW is obviously a good player, great first touch, good range of passing and looks to have a goal or two in him. Like others he was bruised and battered at Barnsley but he will learn from it.

He isn’t going to replace Bird or Knight but he does offer competition for places in CM. If Hourihane needs a rest I would have thought HW would have the skillset to do the job.