Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

Extraordinary end to the game last night. One of those games that makes it feel like this could be a special season. Long way to go though so I hope the players sre more grounded than me.

The fact that @magicman managed to hack so many accounts and spread his dislike for Lewis Dobbin was also amazing. I'm glad the mods were on to him and sorted the problem by the end of the game. 

6 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

She has zero interest in football  ?‍♂️ all her family are Grimsby fans so that probably explains why ?. I’d be brave enough to say it to her face! Honest! 

Anyone else hoping for a repeat of that exchange where someone said cus you're my mum on here (or was it twitter)

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Kids, Derby, Wife in that order ?❤️ 

something special is brewing ?

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm guessing the mrs isn't on this forum then ?

6 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

She has zero interest in football  ?‍♂️ all her family are Grimsby fans so that probably explains why ?. I’d be brave enough to say it to her face! Honest! 

She should be grateful to be in third place above beer and jaffa cakes.

5 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Don't knock Grimsby. It's a proper football town. It's always been one of my favourite away day destinations. Some good pubs in Cleethorpes and the fish 'n chips are simply heavenly ?. There's no room for prawn sandwiches there.

Only a lunatic would move there from Derby though

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I totally agree that restrictions should be in place to ensure that we trade at around break even, but it is scandalous that not only are we given a budget, but that we are told how to spend that budget. Paying small transfer fees out of our wages budget can do no harm to our financial position, quite the contrary, actually.

Where is the financial sense that you can pay an old timer £250k a year but not be able to sign a promising youngster for £50k and pay him £150k per year?

Because its a punishment as well as a restriction.

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

You had to be there last night to appreciate how good the support was , even at 1-0 down. We certainly didn’t need a drum. Who can blame us for celebrating like we had just beaten Real Madrid ? Warne wouldn’t start the bounce but he has really got the players fit . Expect more late goals.

Being up in the posh seats last night, it gave me a much different look at our away support. I can honestly say, without bias, if that support had been in the away end at Pride Park we'd have unanimously said it was the best away following we had seen in a long time. Didn't stop the entire game.

11 minutes ago, sage said:

Because its a punishment as well as a restriction.

Haven't the club already been punished enough, with relegation, demolition of the academy and restrictions on spending regardless of income? Remember DC is a new owner with no connections to those who committed the offences.

The ban on spending money on transfer fees has no merit whatsoever regarding the future stability of the club, it can only be detrimental, if anything.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well no, not really. If its a fact that large turnover does not equate to being profitable or breaking even, then its correct that restrictions are not linked to turnover.

That's ridiculous, if Accrington went into administration tomorrow, are you saying that their new owners would have the same budget restrictions as Derby, whilst averaging less than 3k attendances?

The restrictions are linked to costs of running the stadium and such like and also linked to the expected income of the club.

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Haven't the club already been punished enough, with relegation, demolition of the academy and restrictions on spending regardless of income? Remember DC is a new owner with no connections to those who committed the offences.

The ban on spending money on transfer fees has no merit whatsoever regarding the future stability of the club, it can only be detrimental, if anything.

I didn't say it was a just punishment.

I imagine paying Arsenal £8m for Bielik when we knew we were in the sh 1t didn't help our cause.

Now that we have added some stability,i think a fairer approach would be

A) we should be able to spend what we raise

and

B) We should be able to pay small fees as long as the fee and wage combined doesn't take us over the wage cap. Ie if it is £10k a week, we would be able to pay £5k a week over 2 years with a 500k fee.