Port Vale (A) Tues 24th Jan

1 hour ago, Vimto Enjoyer said:

If the information provided by SalarySport (https://salarysport.com/about-us/) is correct (nb. it's likely not, but probably provides a fair relative estimate), then we have the second highest wage budget in the league, despite the cap set by the EFL.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.30.png

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 12.44.45.png

All that tells me is that Cashin needs a big payrise

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

90 days and claiming double tax relief are two entirely different things as I am sure you know. And 90 days was never a statutory rule and is definitely not the "rule" since 2013. 

but anyway who is still buzzing this morning? 

Latest guidance

you worked abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week), and spent fewer than 91 days in the UK, of which no more than 30 were spent working you are non  resident

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So when and what did you finally get to eat?

We decide to cop out and have a MacDonald's. There is one just after gritting on the A 50 at Stoke, but despite being all lit up it was closed for a refit. We found one near Uttoxeter which was rammed with Rams, so joined a huge queue and got served at 11.30 pm!

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

All that tells me is that Cashin needs a big payrise

There are a few surprises. One is that Wildsmith doesn’t appear. Another is that our finest - Didzy - is paid so much less than our top earners. We should have a joint testimonial for him and Fozzie. The biggest of all is that Ipswich have a player called Wes Bums 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

There are a few surprises. One is that Wildsmith doesn’t appear. Another is that our finest - Didzy - is paid so much less than our top earners. We should have a joint testimonial for him and Fozzie. The biggest of all is that Ipswich have a player called Wes Bums 

A testimonial is after 10 years I believe. But yeah I’d give DM a T for one years service. I’d give Igor a testimonial every year for what he did for us 

14 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm pretty sure that it is the Clough promotion season of 1968-69:

P42 W26 D11 L5 F65 A32 Pts 63

With 3 points for a win that would now equate to 89 points from 42 games. So, say 96 or 97 from 46 games.

If this team hits that, it can only afford to drop 10 or 11 more points but I think it would be certain for automatic promotion.

BTW, the Clough team after five games had drawn three and lost two and sat in the relegation zone. It went top of the table for the first time on November 30th but remained top for the rest of the season. It was a very special side, who several national pundits at the time said was the best Second Division side ever.  In its last 11 games, it won 10 and drew one. It was my favourite season out of 62. Three months before he died, Cloughie told me that was his own favourite season because the Second Division championship was the first trophy he had won as a player or manager. With Todd and Gemmill replacing Mackay and Carlin, that team became Champions of England just three years later.

It's a tall order for this team to reach the points numbers we are talking about but after tonight I don't rule it out just yet because it's getting better all the time.

COYR

Brilliant, thanks!! Interesting to think what would happen if, say, we only drop 11 more points, but that includes losses against Plymouth, Sheff Wed and Ipswich... it's crazy to think we could hit 90+ points and still not go up. But, good problems to have.

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I have. He can't finish his dinner but appreciate his impact on last nights game. Match winner. 

Not sure why it's hard to understand. They're not mutually exclusive! 

I was just messing around. Your earlier post was funny because it was saying what you wanted to say, but boy did you go round the houses. No offence meant at all. We all do it from time to time 

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I might be talking about same game but got wrong team!

This game??

Interestingly, Sunderland were 8 points behind us after this game, but managed to comfortably overtake us by the end of the season... so closing an 8 point gap is definitely possible.

was at the game last night , throat still sore , the lads pulled it out the fire with their never say die attitude against a horrible side on an awful pitch, Curtis leading the way even though he struggled early doors he was immense with his reading of the game and his desire to defend when needed 2nd half, Knighty what an engine, what a footballer and also Dobs , turned the game for us , didnt hide when he missed his chance kept going and contributed massively to the win

Onto West Ham , everything set up for an under the Pride Park lights classic, COYR

6 minutes ago, DB83 said:

Brilliant, thanks!! Interesting to think what would happen if, say, we only drop 11 more points, but that includes losses against Plymouth, Sheff Wed and Ipswich... it's crazy to think we could hit 90+ points and still not go up. But, good problems to have.

I'm not thinking that we'll lose to anyone while we're playing like we are at the moment. We've cut the gap to Sheff Wed and Plymouth (if we win the game in hand on Plymouth) to eight points - we have to overtake just one of them and not so long ago we were 14 points behind Plymouth. I'm counting on that we will overtake Ipswich. So for now I think top two is still realistic for us. I think Paul Warne and the players believe that too.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm not thinking that we'll lose to anyone while we're playing like we are at the moment. We've cut the gap to Sheff Wed and Plymouth (if we win the game in hand on Plymouth) to eight points - we have to overtake just one of them and not so long ago we were 14 points behind Plymouth. I'm counting on that we will overtake Ipswich. So for now I think top two is still realistic for us. I think Paul Warne and the players believe that too.

Do you not think, playing like we did last night, we’d be at risk of losing our away games at Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday or Barnsley?

I reckon last night was a classic case of not playing particularly well but somehow finding a way to win. I’m not sure we’d be able to pull it off against a better team.