Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

56 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You seem to have ruffled a few feathers mate.  Too be fair, I can't see you've said much wrong, other than making your own point and are a saint compared to an a******* we had on here from Norwich a few years ago and a t*** from Leicester that was quickly sent packing, both whom thoroughly deserved a verbal thumping.   We have been in a European cup semi final though- robbed by a paid ref- and a few FA cup finals, We've also been League runner up on two other occasions so I think we're better.

a2d213c1741e2432127d208920b805ff.gif

We have also won the Watney Cup, and were runners up in the Anglo-Italian Cup. So there!

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

790 tickets left 

West stand sold out.

East stand 21 tickets left.

Regardless of what the attendance turns out to be ( bums on seats ) the revenue for seats sold for this and other games this season is fantastic and really must be pushing our club back into a much healthier position ,

proper club , proper fans ,,,,

setting off in about 20 mins ,, bloody freezing here ,,, come on derby?

Edited by Archied

10 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

I think you’ve been listening to too much media rubbish 59. Of course the majority of United fans that attend games come from Manchester but United have fans from all over country, indeed the world and obviously some attend games periodically. The simple fact is that United get more fans through the turnstiles on a bad day than the likes of Wanderers and Derby get on their best days. I think history is much more relevant than gate sizes when judging clubs. Under Cloughie, my personal ever favourite manager, you won two Championship titles 50 years ago but other than that you’ve won nothing other than one FA Cup in 1947. We’ve never won the league, runners up twice but have 4 FA Cup wins. We have spent the 12th most years in the top division in our history and you’ve spent the 15th most so I’d say we’re both pretty successful and should be proud of that. If we were the only club in Lancashire we’d arguably be getting average gates in the mid twenty thousands like you but we’re not and aren’t likely to but it doesn’t take anything away from the fact Wanderers are a club with a long and proud history and so are Derby. We’re both fortunate to have clubs with a rich history to support since we formed the original league all those years ago and that’s what makes the game tomorrow so special not the fact that one gets a few more thousand than the other through the turnstile. Actually to put it in perspective, we’ve just lost our best player Dapo Afolyan to a German club St Pauli who are fighting relegation from the Bundesliga 2 and their average gate is over 30k!! Beat that. ?

I bet Man U fans don't watch your games home and away trying to count unused seats, like the saddos who follow another team who play in red do with ours..... 

Massive game today, we only have Ipswich in current top 6 to play at home but have 3 of top 6 to play away plus tricky trips to Wycombe and Peterborough. Have a sneaky feeling cash might be out today but hope I am wrong. Ain't great to be in a promotion push and not worry where next point is coming from

Edited by taggy180

First home game of the season for me (live in Suffolk).

Previous home game was the final game of the last season against Cardiff and genuinely didn’t know if I’d ever see us play at Pride Park again.

So just great to be back and looking forward to what should be a cracking game. 

Incidentally, also saw us play Bolton in the Lampard season, another 4-0 would be nice? 

COYR! ?

51 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wasn't the reverse fixture Boltons largest crowd for 10yrs? Looks like fans from both sides have an appetite for this fixture. Hopefully the game lives up to it this time. COYR. 

Game has an old time feel to it Derby County v Bolton Wanderers Saturday 3.00 on a freezing winters day. Just a shame under soil heating and new pitches has deprived us of a carpet of mud sand and straw UTR.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You seem to have ruffled a few feathers mate.  Too be fair, I can't see you've said much wrong, other than making your own point and are a saint compared to an a******* we had on here from Norwich a few years ago and a t*** from Leicester that was quickly sent packing, both whom thoroughly deserved a verbal thumping.   We have been in a European cup semi final though- robbed by a paid ref- and a few FA cup finals, We've also been League runner up on two other occasions so I think we're better.

a2d213c1741e2432127d208920b805ff.gif

We’ll I didn’t mean to SCREAMER, just to talk about the match not get involved in a “my balls are bigger than yours discussion” so I’ll keep it to that now!! Like I said you’ve a proud history, we both have and lots of fans of other clubs will be taking an interest in our game today which says something about us. There’s no question you’ve signed some quality players and they’re starting to perform for you now which is good. We’ve gone the other way with mainly young players and they also are starting to come good so it should be a cracking match. We really need to win this to make up for your game in hand and that’s what we’ll be coming to do so whilst it might be tight I think there will be chances at both ends and will come down to who takes them. Let’s just hope it’s the players who decide it and not the officials because we’ve also suffered from them this season. Enjoy the game even if you don’t get the points. ??

37 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

We’ll I didn’t mean to SCREAMER, just to talk about the match not get involved in a “my balls are bigger than yours discussion” so I’ll keep it to that now!! Like I said you’ve a proud history, we both have and lots of fans of other clubs will be taking an interest in our game today which says something about us. There’s no question you’ve signed some quality players and they’re starting to perform for you now which is good. We’ve gone the other way with mainly young players and they also are starting to come good so it should be a cracking match. We really need to win this to make up for your game in hand and that’s what we’ll be coming to do so whilst it might be tight I think there will be chances at both ends and will come down to who takes them. Let’s just hope it’s the players who decide it and not the officials because we’ve also suffered from them this season. Enjoy the game even if you don’t get the points. ??

Every club has it's history and every club's fans are hugely invested in their own clubs history. My grandad always refered to Bolton as the "three six nines" after your FA cup exploits.

I'm glad Bolton are on the way back, a proper Lancashire club.