Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

1 hour ago, QuestionBWFC8 said:

Cheers for the in depth mate! Yeah well if you saw, probably did, we was in the exact same situation a couple of seasons ago where we had a team playing with like the average age of 19? We was financially crippled and the players went on 'strike' rightly or wrongly it hurt us. We've come through it looking alright now! New owners haven't got he money but are backing IE as well as they can. 

Yeah, it's been a bit messy up there too I believe, for several years now.

At the peak of our crisis the lovely EFL decided that when we played some kids for a cup game due to Covid that since they had made an appearance they then would all count as senior pros would be deducted from the very small number of players we were allowed to have. Fortunately they relented but otherwise we'd have struggled to put a team out with an average age that'd get served in a pub.

It's still a bit of a scratch team in many ways and we have no cover in some places and our players are largely young or old (nowt in between) but all things considered we were very happy with the quality of recruitment on free transfers and with an EFL approved wage cap. We are still on embargo and will be for another year after this despite new owners so Warne has very little scope to tinker with the squad. If we sell a player then we're not allowed to reinvest the money as it stands. It was a grim time and absolute oblivion was a close run thing so thankful for what we have and our legend of a new owner who 100% saved the club.

Edited by Alty_Ram

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

Looks like we’ll be third largest in England Saturday behind Liverpool and West Ham. 
Pride Park rockin’ 

Rave Crowd GIF

FE0184C5-D9EF-41F1-8F9C-F7158CF791E0.png

Leeds will have more & you haven’t even mentioned The Kingdom of Florest which is apparently a misty Island in the Inner Hebrides or summat ?‍♂️

On 18/01/2023 at 15:43, Ram@Lincoln said:

Obviously this won't be the case, so allowing a steady 9 hours per day, that's circa 1200 tickets sold. 

The likes of Cambridge and Accrington have struggled selling 500 tickets each so there's an instant 2.5k plus gap in the attendance. We've average just under 27k, so I'd assume circa 26.5k tickets sold. The current capacity is around 32.2k as Birmingham last season was sold out at 32,211. Since we already know Bolton have sold out a full allocation of 3.1k, maximum capacity will be hit with all 1.9k remaining tickets sold. Therefore, that gives us a current tally of 30.3k. With two full days left, plus the rest of today and Saturday morning, I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect 700 tickets to be sold - giving a grand total of 31k, making this Warne's biggest home crowd by around 2.5k. 

It would be great to get any crowd at +30k .. someone dares asks “who are you” ..?  That’s you’re answer. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

That bloke from Bolton is right. It is peculiar how all the pre match chat is about ticket sales. @mozzayou ever thought of doing a weekly prediction on attendances? 

Not a lot else to talk about. We're unbeaten in 17 games, we have a squad of about 6 players which basically picks itself unless an injury we don't know about has happened. 

Squad of 6 players, haha! been there...

Sorry lads didn't pop on last night was to busy waiting for our new signing, a scum united lad who played when we dicked them 4-0 in Papa Johns, il give the lad a chance but uhh need fire power with one of our front lads injured last week and out for the season!

Good to see your a decent lot thought i might of got bare abuse for just being here. 'Should see how we treat each other' haha!

I think we would/could have sold more, f*** Leeds ?

Anyway... Getting close to game time now any more convos we can fit in?