Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Thought the played ok up to the 18 yard box but didn’t really threaten Wildsmith at all 

It took them 73 mins for the first shot on target straight at Wildsmith if I recall correctly. Couple of wild efforts over the bar was about all they offered. As has been said, 2.1 really flattered them.

Before the match, there was concern about the ref, but right up to their goal, I thought that he had an excellent game. He played great advantage for our first goal and cautioned their player whilst we were celebrating, a lot of refs would have considered the goal to be punishment enough. 3 minutes injury time was on the short side, considering the substitutions and a bit of time wasting on our behalf.

The officials spoilt it at the end with their goal though, the ref should have seen that the ball was out, but his linesman was the main one at fault, how he didn't see that, I don't know.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought he struggled for the first 20 minutes or so but, I guess that’s to be expected.

You might say Fozzy did too - couple of times early on he should have put the ball out but let it run and gave away a corner...

Thought they both had good games and seemed to alternate with one being forward and one staying deep.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I know you're not but your early posts weren't terribly positive. The fact is, if the lino wasn't blind, we'd have had a another clean sheet so I think we give credit where it's due and focus on the positives, of which there were plenty.

There was a lot of concern leading up to the game about the referee - understandable given some of his past performances- but I thought he had a decent match, particularly letting play continue in the lead-up to our first goal. The odd occasions when he made mistakes were because he was let down by the buffoon running the East Stand line - where on earth do they get these idiots from?

2 hours ago, ck- said:

Would like to see a replay. Looked well out but not the best angle. 

I was right in line, in the North East, and it was out.  But I’m not surprised the lino didn’t give it, he barely made a decision all afternoon.  

Pound for pound, and taking into account the (supposed) quality of the opposition, that was the best performance of the season.  Thought everyone of the lads put a shift in, but Barks & Kory Smith stood out for me. Word too for Didzy, his closing down, especially in the 1st half, set the tone

1 hour ago, Srg said:

N’Lundulu was easily their best player. Exact type of player we need in the squad. We majorly struggled with him first half, Curtis looked so far off it. Was thrilled when they subbed him. 

Would agree. Was shocking first half. Did well second half. 

He stops us playing out from the back. More to Wildsmith foe the long ball this game

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Would agree. Was shocking first half. Did well second half. 

He stops us playing out from the back. More to Wildsmith foe the long ball this game

I would say N’Lundulu was awkward no more. He carried little goal threat.

I actually thought Kachunga played better when he came on.

Bolton were workmanlike but had no classy players.

We always looked the more likely to score.

On 19/01/2023 at 14:23, Ram@Lincoln said:

My lad has a season ticket but barely comes, he got put off at away games due to the constant beer throwing and standing. Our tickets are in the North stand so relatively all quiet but it doesn't help, he's been scared already.

Delighted to say that my lad did come today and really enjoyed the outing, thanks to a large part to Paul Warne. He had a photo before the game with my lad and told him that he looked very smart in his pink kit and should wear it everyday. The little things makes a huge difference with kids and they certainly remember them for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say N’Lundulu was awkward no more. He carried little goal threat.

I actually thought Kachunga played better when he came on.

Bolton were workmanlike but had no classy players.

We always looked the more likely to score.

I was referring to Davies not their player

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought he struggled for the first 20 minutes or so but, I guess that’s to be expected.

You’re right, there were 2/3 slip ups or misjudgments early on but I felt he sharpened up as the game progressed. Totally understandable. He’s never been the greatest passer, his headers tend to be clearances rather than steered to a white shirt (which Fozzie does better to my mind) but he has great presence and knows the tricks that CF’s play. Well played Curtis … and he will be all the sharper on Tuesday. 

58 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Before the match, there was concern about the ref, but right up to their goal, I thought that he had an excellent game. He played great advantage for our first goal and cautioned their player whilst we were celebrating, a lot of refs would have considered the goal to be punishment enough. 3 minutes injury time was on the short side, considering the substitutions and a bit of time wasting on our behalf.

The officials spoilt it at the end with their goal though, the ref should have seen that the ball was out, but his linesman was the main one at fault, how he didn't see that, I don't know.

What were you watching a push on our player and tackle they should down to 10 men or possible 9 men.