Tony Springett - signed from Norwich, loan to end of season

Animal is a Ram

An exciting signing because he’s a complete unknown and will play his first consistent minutes of senior football here.

Unlike the more established players in the squad, he could spring a surprise on the opposition.

Something that is also reassuring is that Norwich’s youth set up and talent ID has been pretty good in recent years.

I am guessing he has been brought in to provide competition in the wide areas, either as a winger or a converted full back. So hopefully he’ll add depth and not upset the balance too much. You would expect his wages will fall well within the business plan too.

Potentially a very clever move.

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

How many Grade A strikers are likely to be out there in January on a free signing or a loan? I think the answer will be somewhere between none and zero.

What we might be able to get is a ‘future’ grade A striker; a kid with potential or someone who was a grade A striker many moons ago who is past his best. 

Yes another seasoned pro - like McGoldrick or Colin Kazim , not another kid like Osula. 

Mate of mine has a lad who is in the Norwich academy and so I asked him what he thought of Tony Springett. This is what he said:

"Really really nice lad and gonna be a super player. Been at Norwich since he was 11, debuted in Prem last season. Tricky, skilful winger - delivers. But what you will all love about him is his work rate. Absolutely tireless. Going to the top that kid. Really is. No airs and graces. Not a diver. Gets kicked all the time and just gets back up."

Also, will be mates with Cashin as they both play for Ireland.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My mate is a season ticket holder at Carrow Road.

His description of him:

"He is a tricky winger, was breaking into the first team at the beginning of the year but then got an injury, needs experience and would be great in league 1"

I asked a canary friend too:

“Yeah, I liked him when I’ve seen him play! Suffered from injuries earlier in the season. Wants to prove a point, so should be good for you! When you get Ips*it in the playoffs, he’ll bang 2 in for you to take you back up!”

Absolute wildcard of a signing really, which may not be a bad thing. We’ve needed more options on the wing all season, and this lad will provide that, probably mainly off the bench for the likes of Mendez-Laing and Barkhuizen. Hope he turns out to be a hidden gem!

I thought the “early this week” signing Warne was alluding to was the striker though (almost certainly Hugill) - so another signing in the next day or so?

ST and a RB left to sign this window imo.

Edited by Millenniumram

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A wide player and not experienced.  Bit of an odd one.  Is Captain Frank recalling Dobbin the cabin boy in a desperate attempt to get another bucket to bail out the sinking tug boat.  Wouldn't be surprised.

Please collect your happy fan of the week award at the ticket office. The Glamorous Doreen and a full TV crew from independent Radio Spondon (and their 3 committed (not medically) listeners will be in attendance to help make the moment special. )

Congratualations and wishing you every success in your future dreams and endeavours. 

Edited by jono

Well I’m happy. Barks and Mr Shoulders need cover - young legs in the right position, it has to be good news. Feels really weird .. we signed a player in a normal season in normal circumstances. 

Anyone else really buzzing about Saturday ? With West Ham not far after that. I can’t find the words to describe the bounce it gives me. I am still a newbie compared to many on here , but not long after my first ST in Mac one there was that Saturday glow .. game on, what will we win by, will there be a magic moment. So different from point deductions , Covid empty stadia, backs to the wall. …. Loving this season 

20 minutes ago, jono said:

Please collect your happy fan of the week award at the ticket office. The Glamorous Doreen and a full TV crew from independent Radio Spondon (and their 3 committed (not medically) listeners will be in attendance to help make the moment special. )

Congratualations and wishing you every success in your future dreams and endeavours. 

Sounds nice . I find Spondon and Borrowash has a rogue Forest element though, that have escaped over the border surviving on road kill and delusions of grandeur to finally reach humanity at the other end of the A52.  To avoid any chance of Doreen passing on some virus, that makes me think I'm world famous after beating some Swedish lumberjacks in a game of football half a century ago, I must decline.