Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Collins doesn’t do it for me. As poor as we were tonight there were numerous balls put into the box and he never looked liked getting on the end of any of them. Always seemed to be stood behind a defender rather than darting in front of them. I would play Osula on Tuesday especially in light of his two against them last time.

As for tonight, let’s take the points and move on. 

Up the Rams ?

Monday ?

Edited by The Last Post

I think they were looking to nick a draw tonight and it's pleasing that we managed to break them down, even if we made slightly hard work of it. Our lack of cutting edge has been my biggest bugbear in recent seasons so it's a relief to see us converting at least some of these types of games into wins. A little more belief in ourselves as a team and as individual players and we could be a very good side for the division we play in.

COYR

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I know we aren’t perfect, but we certainly look like a solid top six side now.

If we don’t finish top six then something will have gone seriously wrong. Finish above Wycombe, Posh and Pompey and we will be there. 

11 points behind 2nd spot with a game in hand with 23 more league games to play. We need to aim higher than just finishing above Posh, Wycombe and Pompey. Lets look at finishing above Bolton, Barnsley, Sheff Weds and Ipswich.

Flippin heck we made hard work of that!

Lots of endeavour but often brainless football.

Even the goal relied upon NML’s pace to make something of a poorly weighted pass. Then thankfully Collins missed the cross and Dobbin made no mistake.

Collins seems a great team player but as a CF he offers zero threat, taking up positions in which no Derby player could ever find him.

He‘s an athlete which of course Warne loves but we need a goal scorer and McGoldrick can’t do it on his own.

Delighted with the result but very disjointed and reliant on them being crap.

41 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Two things to take from that 

joe wildsmith is an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the goalkeeping heart attack that was kelle roos, im literally never worried when the balls start being fired in his way which is the biggest compliment i can pay him.

other thing, i know we probably cant but would love to get that young ginger bearded lad off them, looked a v good player 

Was he the left back? Agree if so!

Happy to win that, we’re pretty close to a good team I think. Need to find a way to get knight into midfield. Think I’d drop hourihane at this point.

similarly we need another option up top, Collins not offering a lot. Not against dobbin playing there with mcgoldrick. If warne doesn’t fancy Osula for more than ten minute cameos then we probably need to change him. 

everything else is looking good though! Back five are smashing it.

44 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Two things to take from that 

joe wildsmith is an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the goalkeeping heart attack that was kelle roos, im literally never worried when the balls start being fired in his way which is the biggest compliment i can pay him.

other thing, i know we probably cant but would love to get that young ginger bearded lad off them, looked a v good player 

No way and will have webbed feet

Well thats my Forest game - can go in to the office on Tuesday looking smug. 

Thought defence, NML, Knight and Dobbin played well. Hourihane - think he needs dropping for Knight to start - and Collins what can I say? The difference to his performance away at Cambridge startling - never in right position, slow,  poor heading and terrible first touch. What's happened from PWs first few games?

Really chuffed for Dobbin - he's a young lad who wouldn't be anywhere near us if finished article. Played well today. Lovely to see PW walking off with his arm around him chatting