Cambridge United (H) Fri 30th Dec

An uneven performance but the kind of game we might have drawn, or even lost not so long ago, even allowing for our relative dominance. Another clean sheet will doubtless please the gaffer and another 3 points in the bag, even more so. Winning ugly isn't the worst habit to have in a league like this so it's good to see us grinding out the odd result these days.

COYR

Two things to take from that 

joe wildsmith is an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the goalkeeping heart attack that was kelle roos, im literally never worried when the balls start being fired in his way which is the biggest compliment i can pay him.

other thing, i know we probably cant but would love to get that young ginger bearded lad off them, looked a v good player 

Wasn’t great, but you take the points and move a step closer to the January window. Thought it was the most “Rosenior-like” performance we’ve had since he left first half… was lethargic, slow, deliberate, static and just overall awful. 

Dobbin best player on the pitch. End product iffy, but roasted his man every single time and deserved his goal completely.

They were well organised in fairness to them, their left back Brophy looks decent. Didn’t look like creating a chance without us doing it for them if we had played for another month straight. As an aside, what a weird group of fans who didn’t sing about their own team and just spent the few moments of noise they mustered to talk about Forest. Dead weird. 

We we’re far from our best, but it’s three points and we keep the run going.

Really happy for Dobbin, the boy has plenty of potential and is a useful squad option. He just needs to add that cutting edge to his game and he did that today with a lovely header which will hopefully give him confidence goin forward.

Everybody else put a shift in and the back four we’re good. However we really need to see more from Collins and Hourihane in the coming games if they are to hold their places in the team.

Onwards and upwards! 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Wasn’t great, but you take the points and move a step closer to the January window. Thought it was the most “Rosenior-like” performance we’ve had since he left first half… was lethargic, slow, deliberate, static and just overall awful. 

Dobbin best player on the pitch. End product iffy, but roasted his man every single time and deserved his goal completely...

No he wasn't. Nice goal - at last. NML was the best player on the pitch and Dobbin wasn't scoring without his effort.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

other thing, i know we probably cant but would love to get that young ginger bearded lad off them, looked a v good player 

Brophy, their left back? If so, was their best player by a country mile, about the only threat they carried was him piercing through the lines periodically, looked a good player. And defended well too.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Lovely pass from Barkhuizen to NML, blasted just over, what a way to finish the game that would have been 

Barkhuizen and NML often seem to find combinations when playing togheter. They have found a good partnership which might prove very valuable. To bad it didn't went in the top corner this time, would have been a contender for goal of the season! 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No he wasn't. Nice goal - at last. NML was the best player on the pitch and Dobbin wasn't scoring without his effort.

No he wasn’t. NML held on the ball far too much, made poor decisions with it, waited to allow the defenders to double up on him. He wasn’t shocking, but it wasn’t close to a “good” NML game. 

10 league games without defeat.

Given how awkward this league is to navigate, it’s very encouraging that our last loss in the league was all the way back in October.

We are taking some small but significant steps in the right direction. We are becoming very hard to beat.

We just need to turn more draws into wins and let our quality show more often.

Wins v Accrington and Cheltenham and we’ll be shaping up for a very positive 2023.

Couldn’t be there tonight sadly but not a bad one to miss, although paid for it twice ?

Cashin was absolutely magnificent today. MOM for me. I thought Dobbin had a good game. He could be a very decent player one day but doubt we will get to see it unfortunately. NML also caused problems all night and was perhaps our biggest threat.

Collins doesn’t do it for me. As poor as we were tonight there were numerous balls put into the box and he never looked liked getting on the end of any of them. Always seemed to be stood behind a defender rather than darting in front of them. I would play Osula on Tuesday especially in light of his two against them last time.

As for tonight, let’s take the points and move on. 

Up the Rams ?