Derby or England on Saturday?

DarkFruitsRam7

Derby or England on Saturday?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seen this on twitter, so thought I’d bring it to the forum. If you could only choose one team to win on Saturday, would it be Derby or England?

For me, the answer is easy. I’d much rather England beat France in a World Cup Quarter Final and have the whole country go mad than Derby win a random league game.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Seen this on twitter, so thought I’d bring it to the forum. If you could only choose one team to win on Saturday, would it be Derby or England?

For me, the answer is easy. I’d much rather England beat France in a World Cup Final and have the whole country go mad than Derby win a random league game.

Half fan?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For me, the answer is easy. I’d much rather England beat France in a World Cup Final and have the whole country go mad than Derby win a random league game.

Did they just decide we were the two best teams left and told everyone else to go home?

But yeah England all day.

England winning the World Cup is only beaten by Derby winning the Prem/FA Cup/any European Trophy.

As we're not realistically competing for any of them, our games have taken a back seat until England go out.

Edited by JoetheRam

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For me, the answer is easy. I’d much rather England beat France in a World Cup Quarter Final and have the whole country go mad than Derby win a random league game.

I'm with you.

If the question were England win or Derby make the playoffs, then I'll take Derby.

But I'd take England winning the World Cup over Derby getting promoted for the reasons you say, EVERYBODY is stoked and excited and I just love that.

I've already read terms such as "Everybody" and "The whole country" etc...

That for me is the crunch. 
Why should folk be allowed to just stroll in once every 4 years, and take part in the positivity?  Many of whom won't know the offside rule, or what year England won the WC, or what 2 teams played in "The white horse final"!.  They won't know who Geoff Hurst effectively replaced in '66.  
They won't realise that the vast majority of the cast of "Escape to Victory" were yer actual, real life footballers... icons in some cases... legends to many!

They won't know that Bury were winning cup finals by 6 goals decades, and decades, and decades before Man bloody city were doing it!  
They won't know who held the FA Cup for the most consecutive years (Trick question... but a good 'un!)
They won't have a clue who Mr S Bloomer was (More than just a Rams legend!), or that a keeper once played on in a cup final with a broken neck!

What does "First division champions actually mean?"  They'll cry.
"Charlton reached the '46 cup final despite losing to Fulham in a 3rd round tie?  Don't be so ridiculous!", they'll screech!

These are football facts... for football fans!
Pwoper Football fans take the flak.  They suffer immensely... and fully deserve to party on, when their team hit the highs.  These are the folk I wanna be partying with!

I don't want to be partying with hangers on!  I don't even want to be talking football with folk that have never been to a professional game in their lives.  "Ooh... how nervy were those penalties eh?  What about that Henry Kane, eh?  Ha, ha, did you see Emma Bappy's face!"  Feckorf!
Duck 'em!  Duck 'em all!

Oh... did I not say?  Derby for me!   ?

Edited by Mucker1884

10 minutes ago, admira said:

Club before country every time for me.

I  can understand wanting Derby to win a a trophy or promotion more than England, but I can't wrap my head around a December league game against bottom of the league meaning more than a World Cup Quarter Final against France.

Maybe it's because me and my mates make a huge deal out of it and will be watching in a busy pub.

Either way, it's going to be a cracking day of football (and beer).

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7