January Window

1of4

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The exception would be bringing Bielik back to Pride Park. When we aren't allowed to buy anyone, that could make a massive difference. I'm disappointed it hasn't happened and presume this means it isn't going to happen...

Agree, sadly.

Also, what happened to the one Warne thought he had done? Fallen through? On hold? EFL being a bunch of Couhig Gibsoning Bamfords?

36 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Almost all of our business will come at the end of the window as the bastids at the EFL won't let us buy anyone for the next 18 months, and loans tend to be agreed at the last minute after all the actual transfer business has been done. The exception would be bringing Bielik back to Pride Park. When we aren't allowed to buy anyone, that could make a massive difference. I'm disappointed it hasn't happened and presume this means it isn't going to happen, which suggests we've accepted autos are simply too far off to be realistically achievable (quite possibly true).

FWIW I wouldn't go for Wickham (talented as he undoubtedly is), as we already have Collins and McGoldrick as experienced older hands. The other players Warne is likely to bring in will surely be pacey. Wickham's so slow nowadays he has to shoot from the halfway line:

I suspect that by putting Bielik's full wages back on our books, it would restrict potential signings in positions that are needed. Afterall, we are quite well staffed in the centre of midfield atm.

Macauley Bonne has split with QPR and is now available on a free. Given our restrictions and the talk about Osula going back to Sheffield United then it could be a smart move on our part. He may get a move to a small-budget Championship club, i.e. Rotherham or Wigan, but I'd imagine we could put something together for him. 

Plymouth, too, after losing Whittaker. 

Doing a bit of amateur research on players out of contract at the end of the season…

All of these Rotherham:

Ben Wiles, 23, midfielder at Rotherham under Warne. 

Dan Barlaser, 25, midfielder at Rotherham under Warne. 

Ogbene, 25, Striker/Winger at Rotherham under Warne. 

Wes Harding, 26, right back at Rotherham under Warne. 

As for some that aren’t Rotherham but are Championship:

Ben Osborn (28), unlikely but is a Derby lad so who knows. Will Keane (29) Striker at Wigan. Alex Pritchard (29) attacking midfielder at Sunderland. Ben Woodburn (23) midfielder at Preston. Daniel Jebbison (19) striker at Sheff Utd. Jonathan Leko (23) winger at Birmingham. 

Got a bit bored after that. 

Edited by Srg

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Macauley Bonne has split with QPR and is now available on a free. Given our restrictions and the talk about Osula going back to Sheffield United then it could be a smart move on our part. He may get a move to a small-budget Championship club, i.e. Rotherham or Wigan, but I'd imagine we could put something together for him. 

Plymouth, too, after losing Whittaker. 

Got 1 in his last 30 games for Ipswich and zero in 8 this season.  Seems a bit hit and miss, mostly a hit at a lower level than this one bar a 10 game spell at Ipswich-  Nick Blackman vibes there.  Wouldn't be someone you want hanging about for 3 years doing sod all.  We've had enough of that.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Got 1 in his last 30 games for Ipswich and zero in 8 this season.  Seems a bit hit and miss, mostly a hit at a lower level than this one bar a 10 game spell at Ipswich-  Nick Blackman vibes there.  Wouldn't be someone you want hanging about for 3 years doing sod all.  We've had enough of that.

Scored against us for both Charlton and QPR so you just KNOW he's heading here ?

Striker wise I've heard we've looked at and made contact with Waghorn, and Lyle Taylor on short term deals. Bonne is a player who'd id definitely go for but that's pure speculation on my end.  Also talk of Stretton returning but unsure at this point. Also don't believe any loan players will be leaving. Anang seen as a keeper who we want in the summer.  But don't expect many ins or outs this January. With our request for altering the business plan a failure it's a very small market of players we can look at or sign.  Hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year period!

Edited by Big Trav

12 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Osula set to recalled so a striker is a must now.

If that is the case, it would free up some wages for PW to get an extra player of his choice and Osula wouldn't be available for the next 3 games anyway.

He hasn't been getting much game time, maybe his club are going to loan him to another club who are prepared to guarantee minutes on the pitch, maybe Plymouth after losing Whittaker?

51 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Striker wise I've heard we've looked at and made contact with Waghorn, and Lyle Taylor on short term deals. Bonne is a player who'd id definitely go for but that's pure speculation on my end.  Also talk of Stretton returning but unsure at this point. Also don't believe any loan players will be leaving. Anang seen as a keeper who we want in the summer.  But don't expect many ins or outs this January. With our request for altering the business plan a failure it's a very small market of players we can look at or sign.  Hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year period!

All very vague Big Trav ?

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.png.dca8fc20898e85ac7120018e4e4f3fa9.png

Big Trav strikes again!