January Window

1of4

Has anyone mentioned Danny Rose?  Free agent, brother plays for Mickelover.  Should he not find a club, could see short term deal until end of season to keep him in match practice.  Wages might be a problem, but might be flexible as it is not a long term move.

Agree. Huddersfield picked Sorba Thomas up from the lower leagues for next to nothing and he is a superb player. They see still out there.

Not everyone is going to be a Wright, Vardy, Thomas but the risk to cost ratio is very low unless you are picking a high profile hot shot from a "big" club down there. For example tshmanga (spelt wrong) is a name that gets touted but Chesterfield are rumoured to want €1mill plus for him. Thsts a risk.

On 09/11/2022 at 19:14, Reggie Greenwood said:

Waiting for Tom’s Mum to put her application in. Apparently there is a lad called Haaland that she thinks could help our attack 

Actually, Erving's little brother is still playing in Norway... Wish we were in PL and could make an offer for him. His stats are looking pretty similar to his big brother so far.

14 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Has anyone mentioned Danny Rose?  Free agent, brother plays for Mickelover.  Should he not find a club, could see short term deal until end of season to keep him in match practice.  Wages might be a problem, but might be flexible as it is not a long term move.

Wages no problem apart from his expectations as he is on £0 a week currently ?

12 hours ago, KBB said:

Agree. Huddersfield picked Sorba Thomas up from the lower leagues for next to nothing and he is a superb player. They see still out there.

Not everyone is going to be a Wright, Vardy, Thomas but the risk to cost ratio is very low unless you are picking a high profile hot shot from a "big" club down there. For example tshmanga (spelt wrong) is a name that gets touted but Chesterfield are rumoured to want €1mill plus for him. Thsts a risk.

A risk especially with his injury record recently 

On 05/11/2022 at 13:34, Ghost of Clough said:

Hard to tell who we are after, but these are a few of the players I would be looking at in our position.

CB - Edmonds-Green. Started the season well at Huddersfield then went to Wigan on loan but hasn't played. Ties in with Warne's comments about a player getting a long term injury at his current club (Nakayama)

CB - Matty Pearson, also at Huddersfield, is one I'd look at. Reliably fit (up until this season). Good defender, right side of 30, and a goal threat. 

RB - Rankin-Costello (Blackburn), a pacey wing back who is a good crosser and isn't afraid to shoot. 

Winger - no idea

CF - Idah has been linked, but not someone i would go for. Bonne has hardly played for QPR and Cornick isn't getting as much action as he'd like (also an option on the wing). Both fit the age profile we're looking at, and there's a chance we could get them on frees like we did with Collins.

I liked Cornick, he looked sharp and tricky for Luton. Where is he now and is he available with our restrictions

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think when I posted that he had only started 3 games all season. It's possible he had an injury early in the season and took a while to get back up to speed.

I can’t remember when, think it was away during Covid, but he gave our left hand side a torrid time. Looked more than tidy. 

12 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Heard Bielik will not be returning to DCFC. Looks likely he’ll be sold permanently in either January or the Summer. Rumours the EFL might relax our business plan with transfer payments too. Or at least Clowes has requested it be reviewed. There’s money to spend 

On the basis that they are letting everybody off regarding FFP they should be allowing us the trade ! 
Belick needs a buyer first at the right price so let’s hope he has a great World Cup