Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Thought rhe big difference last night was Mendez-Laing taking some of the strain off McGoldrick by dropping back into midfield and making himself available for the ball. A few times the only person marking him was the referee! 

He won one cracking interception there too. 

McGoldrick playing higher up the pitch equals goals. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thought rhe big difference last night was Mendez-Laing taking some of the strain off McGoldrick by dropping back into midfield and making himself available for the ball. A few times the only person marking him was the referee! 

He won one cracking interception there too. 

McGoldrick playing higher up the pitch equals goals. 

Fully agree. NML getting the ball deep and turning had them plopping bricks. Didzys movement almost makes up for his old man legs when he's playing up top, he breaks the line more than anyone else we have.

On 17/04/2023 at 19:19, Archied said:

I think some people are seeing stuff that’s not there , warne is not comming in and dismantling a possession based team / squad and replacing them with non footballers, we were / still are on our knees , we brought players in ( yes a few decent for the level but very old ) to actually be able to field a team first and foremost , get us through the season , not ones to build for the future that don’t fit Warner’s style , warne was brought in to get derby promoted from this division, something that is in my opinion made harder by the fact we are a big club , big crowds , big expectations and big pressure s for the type of players we can afford and or allowed to buy or even loan , whatever he builds will not be big money spent / wasted on players who another manager if one comes in will struggle to shift and be a millstone around the clubs neck so I’m ok to let him build , I may be wrong but quite a few of his Rotherham players have been snatched away from them when promoted 🤷🏻‍♂️

Long old sentence, that one 😋

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

On 19/04/2023 at 14:48, NorwichExile said:

Fully agree. NML getting the ball deep and turning had them plopping bricks. Didzys movement almost makes up for his old man legs when he's playing up top, he breaks the line more than anyone else we have.

Just what you need on a Saturday, NML and Didzy getting balls deep after a win.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Same team. Two No10’s . Moan now , not after the game, if you don’t like it.

Another win, that’s 5 unbeaten playing with 3 at the back. 11 points taken from a possible 15. Sibley getting minutes, Knight putting in the effort at rwb, Roberts doing well on the left, NML looking less shattered, the midfield working better. Passing and movement improved. 
Finishing still frustrating, substitutions still later than they could be, but not all so doom and gloom as post Bristol Rovers. 

I picked up an interesting comment from Warne post match. He said that he told the players at HT to be patient and not to resort to the 30 or 40 yard long balls up the pitch. It is well considered on here that 30 or 40 yard ball is exactly what Warne has been telling them to do.

The second half was much better with them playing it through much more.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I picked up an interesting comment from Warne post match. He said that he told the players at HT to be patient and not to resort to the 30 or 40 yard long balls up the pitch. It is well considered on here that 30 or 40 yard ball is exactly what Warne has been telling them to do.

The second half was much better with them playing it through much more.

He's been asking them to hit 60/70 yards balls previously?

I hope Paul Warne has a plan for Barry Bannan on Sunday. How he would love to have a Eustace type player to stick on him.We don’t want to be talking post match about how Bannan ran the show. I’m sure they have something waiting for McGoldrick.

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I hope Paul Warne has a plan for Barry Bannan on Sunday. How he would love to have a Eustace type player to stick on him.We don’t want to be talking post match about how Bannan ran the show. I’m sure they have something waiting for McGoldrick.

Bannan is a bully. No goals and only 1 assist against top 6 sides.