Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Sorry will run it by you next time 

Was making the point no one can say with any authority what would have happened in the future if Rosenoir would have continued as manager so is sheer speculation and opinion.

We do know that under him we failed to scored in a series of away games. 

I can say that this wouldn't have changed, you can say it would, but neither of us would be proved right or wrong. 

44 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In the top two divisions this is an obviously true statement, at least since refs began to protect players from thuggery.  But is it a correct statement for the third tier ? Where too many players don’t have the quality for it to work? 

on this topic, DC is of course wanting to see us promoted. (I think his ideal will be to sell the club when we go up, not least because he’s conscious of the risk involved in club ownership.) When he interviewed Paul W for the job, his first question might have been : “can you get this group of players promoted ?”    Not sure the question  : “can you promise me and my fellow fans attractive free flowing football ?” would even be on the agenda 

You keep repeating that you think he'll be looking to sell the club quickly, but this is the exact opposite of what he told the SCG on Thursday evening. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was making the point no one can say with any authority what would have happened in the future if Rosenoir would have continued as manager so is sheer speculation and opinion.

I can say that this wouldn't have changed, you can say it would, but neither of us would be proved right or wrong. 

Well that’s good as I wasn’t saying it with any authority, merely offering my opinion that we have left a few points behind away from home. Obvious examples being Charlton and Fleetwood. Likewise we maybe have one or two more points at home than maybe we could / should.

As a result I think judging Rosenior on what has happened away from home so far is a little unfair because I don’t think it’s his fault we missed 3 or 4 good chances v Charlton and the same v Fleetwood. 

However if you would like us all to stick to things we can prove I shall bear that in mind. Have you said the same to everyone who seems convinced we will improve under Warne or not bothered?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

In the top two divisions this is an obviously true statement, at least since refs began to protect players from thuggery.  But is it a correct statement for the third tier ? Where too many players don’t have the quality for it to work? 

The point I was making is that we DO have sufficient quality to make it work, so it'd be a shame for us not to utilise the players' strengths and lurch from the style they were recruited for.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

When he interviewed Paul W for the job, his first question might have been : “can you get this group of players promoted ?”    Not sure the question  : “can you promise me and my fellow fans attractive free flowing football ?” would even be on the agenda

I would be staggered if the question of playing style and culture did not feature prominently. DC has been a fan for years and I would be surprised if he was asking for success at all costs and counter to everything he and LR have said so far about this being a sustainable project. Similarly, if the question about academy playing style and ensuring that all of our development teams adopt a similar playing style and culture was not on the agenda I would be very surprised.

Promotion at all costs is one of the reasons we got us into this mess in the first place and I highly doubt that DC will be looking at that as the only measure of short term success.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

You don't have to run after the ball if the possession is all on the opposition penalty area. You just sit and maintain your shape.

Areas of control aren't too disimilar to the L1 title favourites

SmartSelect_20220925_103706_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7a9f9ed085a92aafebd15a96d5cbdff.jpg

SmartSelect_20220925_103825_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3d3acdbae6ed7a14221a3e778ab8811a.jpg

In terms of % of our possession being in our own third, we're way down the rankings (18th).

SmartSelect_20220925_104010_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7a6a8876254cca6bbeee887fb01d34dc.jpg

17 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

The point I was making is that we DO have sufficient quality to make it work, so it'd be a shame for us not to utilise the players' strengths and lurch from the style they were recruited for.

I would be staggered if the question of playing style and culture did not feature prominently. DC has been a fan for years and I would be surprised if he was asking for success at all costs and counter to everything he and LR have said so far about this being a sustainable project. Similarly, if the question about academy playing style and ensuring that all of our development teams adopt a similar playing style and culture was not on the agenda I would be very surprised.

Promotion at all costs is one of the reasons we got us into this mess in the first place and I highly doubt that DC will be looking at that as the only measure of short term success.

But it wasn't working for large parts of the games. Edit: although the stats say otherwise, lol.

How do you know how Warne will utilise them? Plus how long will we have 'sufficient quality' at this level if we don't go up asap?

Edited by RoyMac5

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Don’t know if it’s been posted elsewhere on the forum, but Nixon has said this morning that Darren Ferguson would have been in the running to get the job had we not got Warne.

Thank goodness for that. Don’t rate Ferguson one bit.

With you there. Bloody hell it doesn't give you much confidence in the recruiting process! ?

6 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Don’t know if it’s been posted elsewhere on the forum, but Nixon has said this morning that Darren Ferguson would have been in the running to get the job had we not got Warne.

I imagine he’s just guessing. Picking the next League 1 promotion expert. I hope so anyway. I don’t know too much about Warne, but I hope he’s a better manager than Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Exactly the same can be said of Warne, nobody knows.

27 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He's as reliable as 3rd rate journalist spouting off on a social media site...oh hang on!

59 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Leigh Curtis (Derby Telegraph) saying that this is untrue.

53 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I would be staggered if the question of playing style and culture did not feature prominently. 

Playing style may have featured prominently but I don’t think we should be staggered if it didn’t. It’s quite possible he was focused mostly on getting a professional, experienced management team with a record of getting out of div 1. 

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Well that’s good as I wasn’t saying it with any authority, merely offering my opinion that we have left a few points behind away from home. Obvious examples being Charlton and Fleetwood. Likewise we maybe have one or two more points at home than maybe we could / should.

As a result I think judging Rosenior on what has happened away from home so far is a little unfair because I don’t think it’s his fault we missed 3 or 4 good chances v Charlton and the same v Fleetwood. 

However if you would like us all to stick to things we can prove I shall bear that in mind. Have you said the same to everyone who seems convinced we will improve under Warne or not bothered?

Think it would be very difficult for Warne not to improve on our abysmal away record.

I've said that before so this is becoming repetitive now, even for me who quite rightly is called out for unnecessarily prolonging pedantic arguments then it's old news which I don't want to carry on cultivating.

Fair point about the sticking to things we can and can't prove, no I don't as this is a footy forum so there will always be items that are subjective and biased by personal opinion. 

There's no alternate league for could haves and should haves though.

I could say that Forest shouldn't have won against West Ham as they were devishly fortunate all game but they did and that's where they are in the table accordingly.