Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

I like him as a player but his wages simply don't seem to be compatible with the agreed business plan that applies for the next 18 months. He's not been part of us this season. If we get a decent bid for him in January it's time to say goodbye and we all move on. Derby County stood by him during his recovery from two major injuries but I think Paul Warne is right when he says he doesn't want anyone in the club who feels they are a prisoner. He's already cost us a lot of money for only a limited return. Cut our losses as much as we can.

41 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I like him as a player but his wages simply don't seem to be compatible with the agreed business plan that applies for the next 18 months. He's not been part of us this season. If we get a decent bid for him in January it's time to say goodbye and we all move on. Derby County stood by him during his recovery from two major injuries but I think Paul Warne is right when he says he doesn't want anyone in the club who feels they are a prisoner. He's already cost us a lot of money for only a limited return. Cut our losses as much as we can.

Has he actually said that he doesn't want to be at Derby? Does he feel like a prisoner? I'm sure I read that he said that he's very happy at Derby and that he only went out on loan because the Poland manager insisted that he be playing at a higher level.

58 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Has he actually said that he doesn't want to be at Derby? Does he feel like a prisoner? I'm sure I read that he said that he's very happy at Derby and that he only went out on loan because the Poland manager insisted that he be playing at a higher level.

He's basically said he hopes his form at the world cup will get him a move to a top division club here or abroad.  

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I haven't seen anything from him directly to say he has said he feel like a prisoner. But Paul Warne has said that he has had conversations with him and while quite rightly he didn't reveal the exact detail of the confidential talks, he concluded that he doesn't want anyone in the group who feels they are a prisoner. I trust that Paul Warne came to that conclusion fairly and honestly, based on what they discussed. There seems to have been something said for the manager to make that comment. Like me, make of that what you wish; it's just an opinion based on what I've read. 

To be honest, I would hope that if Bielik is called back to help us get promoted he doesn't feel like Derby County is a "prison".

We paid a lot of money for him. And he's on an awful lot of money. He was on an awful lot of money sat on our recovery table, pretty much since he signed. 

I get sick of the narrative these days that a player is "held hostage" by their club.

We all work in different sectors and we sign up to work for certain terms and conditions. 

The fortunes of the organisation I work for go up and down like a rollercoaster, and I don't work for them any less when we're at a low ebb.

And my terms are nowhere near as generous as his, by the way.

This isn't meant as a criticism of him, because he hasn't complained publicly. But I would hope that he'd be happy to come back and help take us up.

Edited by EulogyForEvolution
Spelling mistake

I hope we sell him and get decent money for him in Jan. That way we get his wages of our books and possibly be able to recruit better players in the window.

But if his option is to stay at mid table Birmingham, while we're paying most of his wages (I presume) while he's there, or back to Derby from Jan, I'd rather he came back to us and played the remainder of the season.

3 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

My expectation is that we'll still be playing most of his wages while he's at Birmingham. And if we're paying them anyway, he might as well play for us.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I haven't seen anything from him directly to say he has said he feel like a prisoner. But Paul Warne has said that he has had conversations with him and while quite rightly he didn't reveal the exact detail of the confidential talks, he concluded that he doesn't want anyone in the group who feels they are a prisoner. I trust that Paul Warne came to that conclusion fairly and honestly, based on what they discussed. There seems to have been something said for the manager to make that comment. Like me, make of that what you wish; it's just an opinion based on what I've read. 

I heard that interview but I didn't get any sense from it that Bielik didn't want to be at Derby. My recollection was it was a more general point from your village mate Warne that he only wants people at the club who want to be here. And that he's yet to have that sort of talk with Bielik. The lad has won promotion from League One before, likely has better facilities at Derby and knows most of the team. Obviously it's best for him and us if we can sell him to a team competing higher up somewhere, but if not I think it's quite likely he'll be back in Jan.

10 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

His wages will already be accounted for so if hes the difference between going up and staying in league 1 i know my answer 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:
7 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I heard that interview but I didn't get any sense from it that Bielik didn't want to be at Derby. My recollection was it was a more general point from your village mate Warne that he only wants people at the club who want to be here.

Yes, I think that's all he was saying. And I don't think anything that Bielek has said suggests he'd refuse to play for Derby if it was required of him. 

6 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

There was a well informed poster on Twitter yesterday suggesting Warne has earmarked him to play in the middle of a back three.

Make of that what you will.

If that’s what is going to happen then I’m calling it now. The new Igor. He’ll make it look so easy. 

9 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

We can't afford him. 

Anyway the real question is would Beliek be more likely to return if Rosenior was still in charge and which manager out of Rosenior or Warne would get the most of out of.  

25 posts of analysis please. 

?

That’s not “the real question”. In fact, it’s not even a relevant question.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's basically said he hopes his form at the world cup will get him a move to a top division club here or abroad.  

Good he’s telling the truth and not saying what people want to hear. Of course this is what he wants. Don’t think any less of him for saying it. He and Derby are a mismatch just now and just now is a critical point in his career