Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

18 hours ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Ok his international manager says he needs to play at a higher level to stake a claim for the world Cup, fair enough, can't deny him that, but why a season loan? Must be wages as sensible thing to do would be loan till January, if fit he would storm this league 

IF Beilik stays fit. That is a Massive IF. I have a horrible feeling we have another George Thorne situation on our hands.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I fear you may be right. Thankfully we seem to have moved on more quickly this time. 

I kept hoping for George until about 2018..... 

I think we were lucky his Poland manager wanted him to play higher-up. Made it easier for us to make a decision. There's something about his physique and the way he plays that seems to make him somewhat fragile. Or maybe it's just bad luck. He's currently Gorgeous MK2 ? .

Impressive performances in Poland's likely 3 or 4 games in the world cup would likely attract a bid from a top league team from one of the top nations. If there is a release clause in the loan contract, Derby could take advantage or keep him, depending on how our season is progressing. 

His performance on Saturday after so little training is encouraging, but staying fit is the big challenge.

44 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Like George Thorne he's a quality player who's had horrible luck. I wouldn't even say he's 'made of glass' but just had terrible luck with injuries. I don't rate him as highly as some do (think he's a good championship player) but he's still very good. 

Out of the two it's Thorne all day.

On 06/09/2022 at 10:19, jimtastic56 said:

No 10 role is a tricky one , Beilik has no assists in 3 seasons and I can’t remember him getting a shot on target from outside the box. Thorne did all that from D M.

Actually Jimtastic, I was being a bit tetchy, suggesting we could have yet another reason for not playing Sibley where he belongs, and where he’s produced his best performances for us. ?

On 05/09/2022 at 19:50, ram59 said:

Impressive performances in Poland's likely 3 or 4 games in the world cup would likely attract a bid from a top league team from one of the top nations.

This would probably be the best outcome. Offloading to a team with big bucks who won't be concerned if Bielik spends 70% of his time on the treatment table. 

On 05/09/2022 at 18:50, ram59 said:

Impressive performances in Poland's likely 3 or 4 games in the world cup would likely attract a bid from a top league team from one of the top nations. If there is a release clause in the loan contract, Derby could take advantage or keep him, depending on how our season is progressing. 

His performance on Saturday after so little training is encouraging, but staying fit is the big challenge.

Maybe with the ongoing injury concerns he’ll end up at a top polish side