Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/initial-cost-of-birmingham-citys-derby-county-and-leeds-united-double-swoop-revealed/

I wonder if this is true ...

"The report claims that Birmingham will pay less than £1 million in initial fees in the deals with Derby and Leeds, which is particularly helpful given the Championship club is operating on a tight budget this summer.

If Eustace is able to help both players fulfill their potential, this double-swoop could end up looking like a masterstroke - particularly given the pair cost their last club more than £10 million in combined transfer fees (Bielik £8m and Roberts £2.5m)."

Ive used flw here, because i didnt find another article where the fee was mentioned.

Sor for Bielik and Roberts a combined fee of £1 million. Bielik's fee could rise to 1 million over time, however Birmingham got a heck of a bargain. 

This doesn't inspire me with confidence over the transfer negotiation ability of our club. 

I guess the one plus is the reduction from our wage bill, but that was largely covered last season by his loan to Birmingham and probably would have been again had we decided to loan him to another club. We would not have received a fee in a years time for him, but it kind of feels like we have not received a fee for him any way. If to give value to it, i estimated we sold Bielik a player who initially cost us 8 million, to Birmingham for 500k.

While i admit Bielik probably is not worth a lot, i think hes worth more than 500k to 1 million, assuming the club eventually gets the 1 million.

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/initial-cost-of-birmingham-citys-derby-county-and-leeds-united-double-swoop-revealed/

"The report claims that Birmingham will pay less than £1 million in initial fees in the deals with Derby and Leeds, which is particularly helpful given the Championship club is operating on a tight budget this summer.

If Eustace is able to help both players fulfill their potential, this double-swoop could end up looking like a masterstroke - particularly given the pair cost their last club more than £10 million in combined transfer fees (Bielik £8m and Roberts £2.5m)."

Ive used flw here, because i didnt find another article where the fee was mentioned.

Sor for Bielik and Roberts a combined fee of £1 million. Bielik's fee could rise to 1 million over time, however Birmingham got a heck of a bargain. 

This doesn't inspire me with confidence over the transfer negotiation ability of our club. 

I guess the one plus is the reduction from our wage bill, but that was largely covered last season by his loan to Birmingham and probably would have been again had we decided to loan him to another club. We would not have received a fee in a years time for him, but it kind of feels like we have not received a fee for him any way. If to give value to it, i estimated we sold Bielik a player who initially cost us 8 million, to Birmingham for 500k.

While i admit Bielik probably is not worth a lot, i think hes worth more than 500k to 1 million, assuming the club eventually gets the 1 million.

There are very few EFL clubs out there paying out transfer fees - it’s a financial reality whilst wages cripple a lot of clubs - it’s why we took Warne on to make a side out of little and get promoted. We are a million miles away from premiership crazy money.

18 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I think as far as the club are concerned any fee for Bielik was a bonus. There wasn't exactly a queue of clubs trying to buy him. The bigger thing here is the wages being off the books. We could get two players in for the same money we were playing Bielik.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think as far as the club are concerned any fee for Bielik was a bonus. There wasn't exactly a queue of clubs trying to buy him. The bigger thing here is the wages being off the books. We could get two players in for the same money we were playing Bielik.

I'd say 2 top L1 players or 4 very good squad players.

The fee is much less important than the wages saved. Bielik was probably on around 20k a week which at our level is silly money to be throwing away. He didn't want to be here and i think if we're honest most of us would rather he wasn't here either. It's a win win, we can go our separate ways and use that money on productive players who want to play for the club. 

Shame he did not achieve his potential with Derby, however Birmingham are still taking a high risk gamble for he could break down again in the pre season friendlies and they will be stuck with his wages whatever they are with his Birmingham contract.

Wish him all the best delighted he his off our books

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Let's not forget this was all in the past.
At the time, most of us were jumping for joy.

Only hindsight now shows us that, not only was there a negative aspect to the then recruitment team, and the contract negotiators, but also that the club was over-lorded by a bit of a Bamford!

The transfer negotiation ability of the current regime has to be considered in a completely different light, if only to be fair to the current owner... and for our own sanity!  🐏

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Can't say it particularly concerns me. I mean, I'm not really sure how the previous transfer activities of Derby County FC have any bearing on transfer negotiation ability of ChatGPT FC?

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

There are very few EFL clubs out there paying out transfer fees - it’s a financial reality whilst wages cripple a lot of clubs - it’s why we took Warne on to make a side out of little and get promoted. We are a million miles away from premiership crazy money.

I agree with you , but we keep being told -we sell players cheap because they only have a year left on their contracts. So how on earth did Chelsea get £60 mill for Mount , as he only has a year left?