Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

11 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

First game yesterday and MOM according to EFL highlights.

Hope he comes back.

I think we all know that's likely to last 5-6 games unfortunately.  He's had over 3 months out with a knee twinge.   In real money that's an injury from the start of the season to November.  He only has a year let as well.  He'll be leaving on a free or nominal fee in the summer I'd say

15 minutes ago, sage said:

We wouldn't get more than £3m. Injury record is horrific.

Honestly I reckon 500k would get him in January. 1m would be amazing.

You only have to look at the Birmingham situation. Almost no-one was prepared to take a chance on him. Get a loan fee for him? ha-ha! No chance. Birmingham are paying "most" of his salary.

I guess at least we don't have to pay appeatance-based add-ons to Arsenal when he's playing for someone else. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

As much as I'd like him to sign a new contract with us, I doubt that will happen and he'll become a free agent at the end of his present contract.

The best we can probably hope for is that he has a good world cup and we get some money for him in the January transfer window. 

Yep - would be worth his weight in gold if you could guarantee his fitness, but no point planning anything around him; any revenue a bonus.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think we all know that's likely to last 5-6 games unfortunately.  He's had over 3 months out with a knee twinge.   In real money that's an injury from the start of the season to November.  He only has a year let as well.  He'll be leaving on a free or nominal fee in the summer I'd say

His contract runs until June 2024. We need to hope that he stays fit, gets to the World Cup, plays well and steers clear of injury. With 18 months to run on his contract, I'd imagine we could screw £3m at least out of Forest or similar plus add-ons based on appearances. 

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

They're not going to keep splashing the cash when they're back in the Championship.

I'm thinking of January tbh (and it was a little tongue in cheek about Forest) but I get your point! ? 

If Bielek plays in the World Cup, does well and stays fit, I can see a Championship club who're pushing for promotion taking the plunge, or a lower half PL team. Let's be honest - on form, he's a class above even Tier 2, so we have to hope we can sell him on. We can't risk having to carry his wages for another season in L1 I don't think.

47 minutes ago, Crewton said:

His contract runs until June 2024. We need to hope that he stays fit, gets to the World Cup, plays well and steers clear of injury. With 18 months to run on his contract, I'd imagine we could screw £3m at least out of Forest or similar plus add-ons based on appearances. 

My wording.  Mean when his loans up he has a year.