William Osula

Sean

Always seems to try his best and I think he did fairly ok more often than not. He is no world beater of course but than again we are no champions league side (yet) either. 

Was good enough to play his role but guess that role wasn't good enough for Sheffield.

Really do think/hope Stretton is good enough for that role as well and it's more interesting to see him get a shoot at it anyhow!   

33 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Nice to see the reactions he got on Twitter: only read 20 or so, but all of them were very positive comments. Who would have thought it on Twitter. People being nice? Clearly this forum will now have to be my first point of reference if I want to find negativity, mardyness and ingratitude. I thought the young lad did well - tried his best for the club in every game, often playing in a position/set-up that didn’t marry with his skill set. Good luck in the future Will. You could be the next Morgan Whittaker.

27 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I might be harsh here but I would free up the squad by sending them all back bar Dobbin. If they are not playing every week and just warming the bench then what is the point

Don’t think they can all play at once anyway due to loan rules. Similarly, we still need a squad. The likes of Roberts is needed when we don’t really have a left back, because the only recognised one is at centre back. Yes, Sibley has been a surprise but would you really want to leave the window without another?

We’ve lose Osula, which isn’t a catastrophe, and I’d terminate Anang as one of the most pointless loans in memory, but would keep Roberts. 

52 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t think they can all play at once anyway due to loan rules. Similarly, we still need a squad. The likes of Roberts is needed when we don’t really have a left back, because the only recognised one is at centre back. Yes, Sibley has been a surprise but would you really want to leave the window without another?

We’ve lose Osula, which isn’t a catastrophe, and I’d terminate Anang as one of the most pointless loans in memory, but would keep Roberts. 

Anang for sure needs to go back. He's never played, always been injured so we can't miss what we haven't had. Loach and the young lad Foulkes can be the three goalkeepers we need. Can always sign emergencies goalkeepers just in case.

2 minutes ago, alram said:

does anyone know if this was a mutual decision? 

Would be a big mistake if we don't replace him now

Their OS says

United have opted to recall teenage striker Will Osula from his loan spell with League One promotion chasers Derby County.

So it looks like it was their decision, but impossible to know if DCFC were consulted.

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Anang for sure needs to go back. He's never played, always been injured so we can't miss what we haven't had. Loach and the young lad Foulkes can be the three goalkeepers we need. Can always sign emergencies goalkeepers just in case.

Think they are looking at Anang being a perm signing in the summer when out of contract to challenge JW 

Not sure we really found out what he was capable of due to limited game time in favour of Collins. We’ve seen enough of Collins to know what his shortcomings are, shame there wasn’t more of an opportunity for Osula. But at the end of the day the manager calls the shots based on what he sees in training, and no doubt is aware of who not to piss off by non-selection. It seems Collins and Hourihane are both in the ‘high piss off’ category if not selected.

Think there's a player in there and I certainly don't agree that he'll have to ply his trade in a lower league. He's had no opportunity to speak of here, despite Collins being horribly out of form, so it's no surprise that Sheffield have recalled him. Disappointing to see the crticism on here given the lad's only 19 and has not played much senior football. Good luck to him in any case.