William Osula

Sean

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Described himself as direct and quick in the interview so may be a more mobile option up front, which differs from what we have. This signing may be a challenge to Bart but doesn’t automatically mean he won’t get chances. As we’re not privy to those internal conversations, Rosenior could easily have sat down and told him he and all the other forwards will get chances across the many games we’ll play this season.
We now have Collins as a solid central forward, McGoldrick as that silky skilled no 10, Osula as a more mobile/pacy option, big Bart as a target man to use at times, plus Dobbin able to play up top and Sibley or Barkhuizen if we’re desperate. It gives us varied options. 

Always imagine myself in this situation.

Weird one, because if we had brought in say Andy Carroll, I'd be thinking 'that's no slight on me, he's a £50million player'. Whereas with this lad I'd be thinking who the hell is he and what has he ever done!

But as you say, the reality is that Carroll's stature and style would completely limit my opportunity to play whereas with Osula I'm possibly still in with a chance.

My blades mate text me he’s well thought about in the under 23 set up and where the goal is at that level! Up and coming youngster, that Ipswich were definitely keen on. Knows a few players at Derby. Thinks it’s a good move for everyone.

In reality we can afford to roll the dice on a player like Osula. I think he will be our prominent attacking option off the bench until he does well enough to start games.

No one really knows what to expect; my main take away from the clips on YouTube were of how inept the youth standard is in the Professional Development League. He looks unorthodox, but scored goals - he's a prototypical striker in that he's big and fast. Not all signings are going to be successful, we know that better than most, but really he's coming in with no pressure. All we can do is wish him the best and hope that we've struck gold. 

I said in a couple posts I'd like to see us sign a pacey forward to give us another option up top. The chances are we are gonna be a goal or 2 up against teams and in the 2nd half when they are pressing us, gives us that space behind their defence for a striker to capitalise on. 

Yes from me ?

I like the signing. Not something we have in the squad, and changes things significantly with his attributes when we decide to use him. Those attributes known to scare defenders, especially at this level. 

To those saying why not develop our own. We don’t have a striker with these attributes so that’s not possible. 

To those saying it’s not Mount or Wilson… we aren’t a promotion chasing championship team with money anymore. Get used to it. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

I like the signing. Not something we have in the squad, and changes things significantly with his attributes when we decide to use him. Those attributes known to scare defenders, especially at this level. 

To those saying why not develop our own. We don’t have a striker with these attributes so that’s not possible. 

To those saying it’s not Mount or Wilson… we aren’t a promotion chasing championship team with money anymore. Get used to it. 

Someone’s exited the bed from the incorrect side this morning?

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

We did develop our own but had to sell off the family silver to pay the bills. 

We may not see an academy player break into the first team for a few years. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

In reality we can afford to roll the dice on a player like Osula. I think he will be our prominent attacking option off the bench until he does well enough to start games.

No one really knows what to expect; my main take away from the clips on YouTube were of how inept the youth standard is in the Professional Development League. He looks unorthodox, but scored goals - he's a prototypical striker in that he's big and fast. Not all signings are going to be successful, we know that better than most, but really he's coming in with no pressure. All we can do is wish him the best and hope that we've struck gold. 

Coming in with no pressure ?. Do you read this board? There are already a fair number complaining about our goal output this season, and have written off our centre forward who has scored 160 goals in the last 10 years. God help him if he takes Sibley’s spot.

44 minutes ago, sage said:

We did develop our own but had to sell off the family silver to pay the bills. 

We may not see an academy player break into the first team for a few years. 

For sure, not disputing that one. That said, struggled with developing strikers. Even Plange was a signing not long before he came into the first team.