William Osula

Sean

3 hours ago, jono said:

I take your point but let’s face it Mount Ibe Wilson and Tomori all came from blue chip sources. They had acknowledged talent from the best in the game. They were just missing opportunities because of where they were. Championship clubs would have loved to have those players in their first team straight away. Can we say the same about this lad ? I don’t know, maybe Liam does. The feeling I got from other posts was that this lad is interesting, maybe good, needs development but Prem academy scouts haven’t hoovered him up and we could probably say the same about Bart. If there is space I’d like to give him a go. He’s been knocking on the door for the last 12 months. What has this chap got that Bart hasn’t ? .. hey if it’s special then I’m in. No room for emotion, we are in a battle, but tell me what’s the USP

Tbf looking at his track record, I'd be pretty despondent if I were Bart. Limited experience of scoring goals at any level. Seems more similar to him than any kind of direct replacement for McGoldrick or Collins.

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Tbf looking at his track record, I'd be pretty despondent if I were Bart. Limited experience of scoring goals at any level. Seems more similar to him than any kind of direct replacement for McGoldrick or Collins.

Described himself as direct and quick in the interview so may be a more mobile option up front, which differs from what we have. This signing may be a challenge to Bart but doesn’t automatically mean he won’t get chances. As we’re not privy to those internal conversations, Rosenior could easily have sat down and told him he and all the other forwards will get chances across the many games we’ll play this season.
We now have Collins as a solid central forward, McGoldrick as that silky skilled no 10, Osula as a more mobile/pacy option, big Bart as a target man to use at times, plus Dobbin able to play up top and Sibley or Barkhuizen if we’re desperate. It gives us varied options. 

16 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Can see Bart being loaned out. Conference is exempt from the window right?