William Osula

Sean

From vital blades 30/8/22 & Sheffield United News 30/8/22

It is being reported by the reliable Alan Nixon that Burton Albion are close to signing Sheffield United’s young striker Will Osula on a season-long loan.

……………?

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/sheffield-united-to-send-will-osula-and-ky-gordon-out-on-loan-deals/

33 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Asked a Blade colleague about him, "Looks to have good potential but incredibly raw, rabbit in headlights in his sub appearances, needs roughing up in lower leagues to find himself like Jebbison did at Burton."

Darren Robinson insight:

It's really interesting how opinion varies so much amongst fans. I have friends and family who are diehard blades and they all rate him highly, raw but a better long term prospect than Jebbison. They also think that the Burton link is plausible as the club were impressed by Jebbisons treatment and development whilst on loan there. 

36 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

It's really interesting how opinion varies so much amongst fans. I have friends and family who are diehard blades and they all rate him highly, raw but a better long term prospect than Jebbison. They also think that the Burton link is plausible as the club were impressed by Jebbisons treatment and development whilst on loan there. 

I just took my mates opinion similar to how I view Stretton and Cybulski, both got bright futures ahead - tried their best in cameos but desperately need senior experience regardless of the level just to find their feet and confidence. Carlisle will do Stretton the world of good and could come back all fighting, likewise with this Osula chap.

Look at the difference between the first few senior games Max Bird and Liam Thompson each played for us. Bird was completely out of place as a young boy in a mens team. Out powered/muscled/fought on everything, rabbit in headlights. Thompson came in flying and was great from the off, then trailed off like in the Boro away game - regardless they both have great futures ahead.

I know the senior striker thing is a big want from all of us but I thought Cybielski did well the other night. In a sense I’d rather be looking for something else than a young loanee. Surely he is our young one for up front development?
So unless our target has blistering pace or some special attribute. Bart may have as much to offer as a development project .. just a thought. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I know the senior striker thing is a big want from all of us but I thought Cybielski did well the other night. In a sense I’d rather be looking for something else than a young loanee. Surely he is our young one for up front development?
So unless our target has blistering pace or some special attribute. Bart may have as much to offer as a development project .. just a thought. 

I tend to agree and for me I always want a deal agreed to sign permanently if we wanted to keep him otherwise why bother as we may as well try to develop our own.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I tend to agree and for me I always want a deal agreed to sign permanently if we wanted to keep him otherwise why bother as we may as well try to develop our own.

Well, we wouldn't have had Ibe, Wilson, Mount, Tomori ...Bamford etc if you went down that route.  You are hoping they are better than what you would otherwise get for the current season....the downside is you lose them because they ARE better than you..

18 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well, we wouldn't have had Ibe, Wilson, Mount, Tomori ...Bamford etc if you went down that route.  You are hoping they are better than what you would otherwise get for the current season....the downside is you lose them because they ARE better than you..

Huge difference in the players and our players when those were signed whilst I am fairly sure if we had gone up we would have signed Tomori and Wilson and we are currently in the third division 

9 minutes ago, admira said:

Obligatory Youtube link:

Looks a handful, could've had seven.

Heights on this guy are all over the place. Rosenior said 6ft4 which is much taller than you can find online, and he looks right based on the size of him over all the defenders here.