Starting 11 v Oxford

Based on our signings so far and with a couple of assumptions (Forsyth to sign a new deal, Bielik to leave), what side will we likely start the season with?

I'm going for:

(4-3-3)

Wildsmith

Stearman    Davies     Chester    Forsyth

Knight    Bird    Hourihane

Barkhuizen    Collins    Mendez-Laing

Subs: Loach, Cashin, Roberts, Smith, McGoldrick, Sibley, Stretton

19 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Based on our signings so far and with a couple of assumptions (Forsyth to sign a new deal, Bielik to leave), what side will we likely start the season with?

I'm going for:

(4-3-3)

Wildsmith

While I do believe finding another RB would be ideal. Seems odd you don’t even have Oduroh on your sheet there. Since he (even being young) will likely (and should) be seeing a fair amount of starts at RB this year…I’d imagine. 

9 minutes ago, Hanny said:

While I do believe finding another RB would be ideal. Seems odd you don’t even have Oduroh on your sheet there. Since he (even being young) will likely (and should) be seeing a fair amount of starts at RB this year…I’d imagine. 

I hope you're right about Oduroh, but I get the sense Rosenior will be going for experience over youth this season. I don't see Cashin or Thompson starting either.

1 minute ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I hope you're right about Oduroh, but I get the sense Rosenior will be going for experience over youth this season. I don't see Cashin or Thompson starting either.

Always a risk with youth. I guess, I personally prefer taking risks on younger players then older players. Depending on a thousand things of course. 

It would be great to see some of our younger players make the step up, since we are in league 1- It’s a much better place for them to take that step, as opposed to last year in the championship. 

But I agree, Liam does seem to want to bring in that experience this year. And I am quite happy with all the signings so far. 

42 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

He might have to unless we sign a senior right back. Naive comment I'm afraid.

We have the young right back from city. Knight has played there. He’d be at least 3rd choice Rb. Naive from you I believe. We’d even start that Brighton loanee or cashin before Stearman 

Edited by DCFC27

1 hour ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

I'm going for:

(4-3-3)

Wildsmith

McGoldrick has to be one of the first names on the team sheet after todays performance, surely?

42 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Some very ill-mannered people on this forum these days. Perhapts it's the heat.

How is that ill mannered? 

It's literally what you posted earlier in the thread, with the words changed around.

Naive selection vs naive comment isn't a world away in meaning, certainly not enough for that response.

Wildsmith

RB   Davies   Cashin   Roberts

Hourihane   Bird

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Barkhuizen

Collins

Subs: Loach, Chester, Forsyth, Smith, Tommo, Sibley, McGoldrick

Smith on at RB, Forsyth for Roberts, Tommo for Hourihane, Sibley for Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick for Barkhuizen (Knight moved to the wing)