Starting 11 v Oxford

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a tough one as you'd have to choose one of Bird, Hourihane, Knight, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick and Collins to start on the bench.

I'd be tempted to play Knight out wide with Mendez-Laing on the other wing. Barkhuizen to come on for either one of them.

27 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I'd be tempted to play Knight out wide with Mendez-Laing on the other wing. Barkhuizen to come on for either one of them.

When has Knight out wide ever worked? He is much better suited to playing centrally ?

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

RB   Davies   Cashin   Roberts

Hourihane   Bird

Mendez-Laing   Knight   Barkhuizen

Collins

Subs: Loach, Chester, Forsyth, Smith, Tommo, Sibley, McGoldrick

Smith on at RB, Forsyth for Roberts, Tommo for Hourihane, Sibley for Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick for Barkhuizen (Knight moved to the wing)

I think Collins and McGoldrick have got to start as a front 2…

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

When has Knight out wide ever worked? He is much better suited to playing centrally ?

So who are you dropping out of McGoldrick, Hourihane and Bird to enable him to play centrally. He's more suited to RW than RB like he was in the first half.

14 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

So who are you dropping out of McGoldrick, Hourihane and Bird to enable him to play centrally. He's more suited to RW than RB like he was in the first half.

Given how isolated Collins got at times today, I think there will definitely be games where playing McGoldrick up front on his own (dropping off to link the play, Chris Martin-style) and a midfield 3 of Bird sitting, plus Hourihane and Knight (running beyond McGoldrick) is the right call.  Obviously picking which games are those games is the challenge etc.

Although I suspect it will be a moot point and Knight will be sold to a top end championship/lower prem team.

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Always?

He might be best at the central, but at the same time he is better than the rest on the wing. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a tough one as you'd have to choose one of Bird, Hourihane, Knight, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick and Collins to start on the bench.

Decent pool of choices and over the season they all play a lot

Team for Oxford at the moment

Wildsmith

Smith/Knight

Chester

Davies

Roberts

Bird

Hourihane

Barkhauzien

Mcgoldrick

Mendez Laing

Collins

Subs

Loach,Stearman,Cashin,Bielik,Smith/Knight,Thompson,Sibley

GK,RB,LB,RW,LW,CF Still needed

Forsyth and Stephens(if Bielik leaves)would be good additions Send Stretton out on loan

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Do we know why it is taking so long to sign Fozzy up? 

I expect he was on quite a decent whack- he’s signed at least three contracts since he joined the club, two of which were under the mental Mel years when we were paying outrageous wages

Perhaps it’s hard to get him to come down to an affordable wage under the restrictions. 

11 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Team for Oxford at the moment

Wildsmith

Smith/Knight

Chester

Davies

Roberts

Bird

Hourihane

Barkhauzien

Mcgoldrick

Mendez Laing

Collins

Subs

Loach,Stearman,Cashin,Bielik,Smith/Knight,Thompson,Sibley

GK,RB,LB,RW,LW,CF Still needed

Forsyth and Stephens(if Bielik leaves)would be good additions Send Stretton out on loan

Really is a Dads army that especially if you drop Jason Knight.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Really is a Dads army that especially if you drop Jason Knight.

At home i would play Cashin and Knight in midfield more rotate Davies,Chester and Stearman keep them fresh

we lack a pacey impact player hopefully a premier league loan 

Need a byrne type right back new lad will be fine at home but away games might be a weak link 

15 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I would be surprised if we started with Mcgoldrick, Collins and Hourihane. Seems to leave us very weak defensively, would expect to see Knight or Sibley at 10 or Bird and Thompson in midfield with Mcgoldrick at 10

Sibley isn't very good at defending either. I dont think those three have been recruited to make up numbers, I expect them all to start, certainly in the home games.