Starting 11 v Oxford

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I disagree about McGoldrick. He has been one of the more impressive players when he has played, so even if he tires and needs to be subbed after an hour I think he will start.

He has played 45mins of preseason, yes it was impressive but the league is 46 games long, I cant see him being risked for the first game

21 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I disagree about McGoldrick. He has been one of the more impressive players when he has played, so even if he tires and needs to be subbed after an hour I think he will start.

I reckon so too. But we don’t know about the niggle he “felt” Something and nothing or might it keep him out for a game or two ?

Only a week to go. I would probably pick:

Wildsmith

Oduroh        Davies       Cashin        Forsyth

Knight        Bird            Sibley            Hourihane

Collins        Barkhuizen

Subs: Loach, Roberts, Chester, Thompson, Smith, Mendez-Laing, Stretton

Assumptions: Fozzy will be given a contract, McGoldrick will still be injured, Bielik won't be playing for whatever reason and we won't be starting any new players who might come in over the next few days. Having brought Chester and Roberts in, Stearman misses out.

Formation: fluid! But we will need to threaten, create chances, have an attacking mindset and for that reason Sibley would be in my starting 11 for the first 10 games of the season to give him a proper chance to show the world what he can do at the heart of our midfield. Which is to potentially set this division on fire. Without his midfield influence and drive between midfield and attack, I don't see how we will create a lot of chances as a team. 

Rosenior will have Sibley on the bench (and only bring him on late in the game as a striker or winger where he will be ineffective), Knight at right back (where he will be ineffective) and bring Mendez-Laing in.

We can make 5 substitutions this season and this will be important. We should be making at least 2 by about the hour mark, probably Mendez-Laing and Smith in my set up. For Rosenior he will likely do what he did against Leicester and bring Oduroh on to move Knight into his natural midfield position.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Only a week to go. I would probably pick:

Wildsmith

Oduroh        Davies       Cashin        Forsyth

Knight        Bird            Sibley            Hourihane

Collins        Barkhuizen

Subs: Loach, Roberts, Chester, Thompson, Smith, Mendez-Laing, Stretton

Assumptions: Fozzy will be given a contract, McGoldrick will still be injured, Bielik won't be playing for whatever reason and we won't be starting any new players who might come in over the next few days. Having brought Chester and Roberts in, Stearman misses out.

Formation: fluid! But we will need to threaten, create chances, have an attacking mindset and for that reason Sibley would be in my starting 11 for the first 10 games of the season to give him a proper chance to show the world what he can do at the heart of our midfield. Which is to potentially set this division on fire. Without his midfield influence and drive between midfield and attack, I don't see how we will create a lot of chances as a team. 

Rosenior will have Sibley on the bench (and only bring him on late in the game as a striker or winger where he will be ineffective), Knight at right back (where he will be ineffective) and bring Mendez-Laing in.

We can make 5 substitutions this season and this will be important. We should be making at least 2 by about the hour mark, probably Mendez-Laing and Smith in my set up. For Rosenior he will likely do what he did against Leicester and bring Oduroh on to move Knight into his natural midfield position.

Knight out wide ? 

The way we've lined up in the 2 big friendlies, I don't see it being anything other than one of those 2 starting XIs, with McGoldrick in for Korey Smith if he's fit enough to start.  Assuming we don't sign a right back next or anything.

So Wildsmith; Knight, Chester, Davies, Roberts; Bird, Hourihane; NML, McGoldrick, Barkhuizen; Collins.  

If we sign a right back the team selection changes I suspect not to mention signing Forsyth up.

Wildsmith

knight     Davies.    Cashin         Forsyth 

Bird.  Hourihane 

Sibley 

Mendiz              Collins.        Barkhauzen 

I expect McGoldrick instead of Sibley 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we sign a right back the team selection changes I suspect not to mention signing Forsyth up.

Wildsmith

knight     Davies.    Cashin         Forsyth 

Bird.  Hourihane 

Sibley 

Mendiz              Collins.        Barkhauzen 

I expect McGoldrick instead of Sibley 

I hope we sign a right back! Outside of that, it looks a strong team. It'll take them a while to gel, get match ready but while we haven't got masses of depth, our first 16 or so is strong.

Wildsmith

Knight       Davies          Cashin        Forsyth

Bird              Hourihane

NML             McGoldrick         Barkhuizen

Collins

Loach, Oduroh, Roberts, Chester, Smith, Sibley, Stretton/Nunn 

19 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Wildsmith

Knight       Davies          Cashin        Forsyth

Bird              Hourihane

NML             McGoldrick         Barkhuizen

Collins

Loach, Oduroh, Roberts, Chester, Smith, Sibley, Stretton/Nunn 

Knight at right back just doesn’t feel right…