Starting 11 v Oxford

40 minutes ago, Thameram said:

At home i would play Cashin and Knight in midfield more rotate Davies,Chester and Stearman keep them fresh

we lack a pacey impact player hopefully a premier league loan 

Need a byrne type right back new lad will be fine at home but away games might be a weak link 

Cashin in midfield ? Why?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You’re probably right but it’s incredibly tough on Cashin after the great breakthrough season he’s just had.

Yes, it is harsh, but so would be dropping Davies. The thing is, we have a better team than last season and he'll have to be excellent to displace Davies. Chester I see as our best CB and he should be guaranteed starter for now.

Our team reminds me of Newcastle when they got relegated to Championship. Instead of losing everyone, they strengthtened their team and the results followed.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really, I can’t remember him ever playing well out wide. Give me a few examples…

The latest would be Ireland vs Ukraine last month... Somewhere here at the forum there's a lot's of talk how I defended playing Knight on the wide, can't be bothered to find it or go through it again. Key thing was that Knight had scored about the same amount of goals from the wide as Lawrence meanwhile he offered a way way more defensive cover.

I don't know what's your opinion about Lawrence but if you'd gladly have him on the wing, you should have Knight as well as he scores same amount, wins freekick instead of causing them, don't lose the ball so often and is much more trustworthy defensively. 

Maybe just follow him when he plays on the wing next time? 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think he'll eventually displace Davies.

#unpopularopinion 

I agree. I would imagine Liam had at bit of a word with him when Chester was signed in order to reassure him that he is firmly part of his future plans. I hope (and think) he’s mature enough to put any disappointment behind him very quickly and learn from two great masters. Just as long as his Dad doesn’t follow Camp’s dad’s example ?

21 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

The latest would be Ireland vs Ukraine last month... Somewhere here at the forum there's a lot's of talk how I defended playing Knight on the wide, can't be bothered to find it or go through it again. Key thing was that Knight had scored about the same amount of goals from the wide as Lawrence meanwhile he offered a way way more defensive cover.

I don't know what's your opinion about Lawrence but if you'd gladly have him on the wing, you should have Knight as well as he scores same amount, wins freekick instead of causing them, don't lose the ball so often and is much more trustworthy defensively. 

Maybe just follow him when he plays on the wing next time? 

Who said anything about Lawrence, both better centrally.

Wildsmith

Smith

Davies

Cashin

Roberts 

Bird

Knight

Hourihane

Mendez-Laing

Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Loach / Oduroh / Forsyth / Chester / Bielik / Sibley / Collins

That looks strong for L1. Still leaves Stearman, Thompson, Nunn and Stretton plus youngsters like Grewall-Pollard, Bardell, Foulkes, Robinson, Richards, Cybulski etc.

People need to also remember we could potentially play up to 60 games this calendar year.m and that’s not including lads who are internationals. You’ve got the league, the pizza cup, the league cup from round 1, the FA cup from round 2 I think. You’ve got potentially another 14-16 games to factor in here. Cashin will get plenty of games as will thommo, knight, sibley, Stretton etc. We still need a good 5-7 more bodies for a complete squad