Liam Rosenior

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

No team has an average of 20 shots and an average of 0 goals over a season. Not in the history of football. I'd challenge any team to find one.

It is impossible for this to continue. One of two things will happen; 1.) the chances will dry up completely or 2.) we start putting them away.

At present, short of putting on his boots and finding the net himself, I'm not sure what Liam Rosenior can do other than convince his players the goals will come. Some saying it's a psychological issue but personally I'm skeptical that Collins is missing the goal due to some unresolved childhood trauma. 

If the first scenario does happen, it's a coaching issue and then it would be time to look elsewhere. 

There's lots of reasons to be optimistic that number 2 will happen. Those saying "it's the same story as last season" is only true in the fact we're not scoring goals. Last season, we only really scored and looked competitive against footballing sides with a high-press, where we'd create very high quality chances and would see clinical finishing. This season, we're also able to create chances against sides with a low block, but we can't hit a barn door with a banjo. 

Let's not forget, we're out of administration, but we're still a club laden with debt. Keeping CKR or signing another striker is one obvious solution to what's happening. You cannot blame Rosenior for that.

We’re not laden with debt. Minor point to correct an excellent post. We are ladled with restrictions which is different.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thinks he's a smashing bloke,eloquent a d intelligent with a huge knowledge of the technical side of the game.

I personally don't believe he's quite ready to be first team coach,he's still lacking in experience in some aspects of the game,principally in forming an effective attack who are confident and relaxed enough to score goals.

The solution might be to bring in an experienced head who can tweak the system with him (in a similar manner to when we supplemented Darren wassell,which proved to be a positive step) and unlock our attacking potential.

You bring someone in above him and I'd doubt he'd stay ( and 6ou couldn't blame him) - so much for long term planning!

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

LR has been setting us up for a long time now. Both last season and this. And then part of the coaching setup the season before.

Give it a rest mate. The set up was fine as the 20+++ shots on goal indicate. How many times did we create as many chances in a game last season, or the season before? Against Shrewsbury we did look toothless, whereas today we created enough chances to have wrapped up the game inside 30 minutes. There's a clear and material difference and pretending otherwise does you few favours.

48 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You bring someone in above him and I'd doubt he'd stay ( and 6ou couldn't blame him) - so much for long term planning!

Why has it got to be someone above him?

(Mind you he is an interim coach,he's not been appointed yet don't forget).

I'm thinking of a wise old head to assist him not take over from him,someone with experience who can nudge him in the right direction with our goalscoring issue.

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why has it got to be someone above him?

(Mind you he is an interim coach,he's not been appointed yet don't forget).

I'm thinking of a wise old head to assist him not take over from him,someone with experience who can nudge him in the right direction with our goalscoring issue.

Think this is part of the problem. A couple of shrewd appointments to the back room team could ignite the players and give us fans something to sink our teeth in to. 

Alas we’ve got mastermind Jake Buxton kicking around. 

However, Clowes isn’t going to green light an appointment until he’s certain LR is the right man. 

So we’re doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different outcome.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Give it a rest mate. The set up was fine as the 20+++ shots on goal indicate. How many times did we create as many chances in a game last season, or the season before? Against Shrewsbury we did look toothless, whereas today we created enough chances to have wrapped up the game inside 30 minutes. There's a clear and material difference and pretending otherwise does you few favours.

My response was to someone posting as if Rosenior has just arrived at the club, when the general talk is he was in charge of the training and setup last year as well as this. A time when keeping the ball was also the priority over scoring goals. So there's a worrying, long-term pattern. I'm glad if you think it looked better today. Time will tell, and let's hope it all works out, but surely you must have some concerns when only Morecambe and Shrewsbury have scored fewer goals than us in Division Three? 

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My response was to someone posting as if Rosenior has just arrived at the club, when the general talk is he was in charge of the training and setup last year as well as this.

Was he also in charge of player recruitment? Did he get final say on team selection? How do last season's performances materially affect this season's anyway? After the Shrewsbury game it could be argued there were similarities but I'm guessing you don't watch too many games as away from home, as last season away from home, we seldom ever looked like scoring. I'm amazed you are unable to discern a difference. 

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

...surely you must have some concerns when only Morecambe and Shrewsbury have scored fewer goals than us in Division Three?

Not really mate as I tend not to use selective data to make an evaluation. For example, have Morecombe and Shrewsbury been dominating games and not scoring too, as the parallel is rather fatuous if not? And for the umpteenth time, as has been pointed out ad nauseum, we've a brand new team, a gaffer getting to grips with a new role after a hellish couple of years and a squad lacking familiarity and who won't be cherry ripe for another month. Likewise, have Morecombe and Shrewsbury got undercooked, new teams too?

Ah, apples and pears it is then ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Nothing to worry about. Panic when we’re not creating owt. 

this stage of the season is about performances not results and if we keep starting like we are doing the results will follow. 

Relax and enjoy being frustrated at the club not finishing off chances rather than the impending doom of last season.