New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

Clough for me - really impressed with what he's done at Mansfield, who played some really attractive, positive football last season with a team of mainly young and upcoming players.

Rosenior too, for that matter, if only for a sense of continuity.  Knows the staff, the few players we have and the set up.

Bill

I absolutely expect Rosenior to get the job and I would be happy to see him get it.

HOWEVER, if he didn’t, my next choice would be Jody Morris. I’d love to see him back, exceptional coach. 

Failing that, McClaren, Terry or Warnock. 

Dyche or anyone in a job is completely pie in the sky. 

1 hour ago, NimonicRam said:

Rosenier for me. Deserves a shot COYR

Hmm. I'm not convinced but I like him as a person.   The advantage would be that at least he would already have a plan, based on players he and Wayne had identified and knows what we have youth wise. With an experienced assistant could be OK.  He'll be interim for sure and can at least lead the wierd preseason he's been left.  He might not want it of course, been here a while now and might just need a change of scene. 

The good thing about the timing of all of this is that there’s generally a number of good managers available during the summer, many of whom have been let go by previous clubs so are available for free. It’s no different this year - there’s a number of decent options out there. Most obvious choices are Mark Warburton and Tony Mowbray - both did very good jobs at their previous clubs, improving them over a prolonged period. Warburton’s Forest connections probably make Mowbray my No.1 choice.

13 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Waiting for the inevitable headline when betting opens John Terry favourite for Derby job. 

Terry is a natural leader, by all accounts seems to be an outstanding coach and has a profile that would help bring players to the club over others. I’d definitely have him, not to say he’s a guaranteed success but the benefits stand out to me. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Terry is a natural leader, by all accounts seems to be an outstanding coach and has a profile that would help bring players to the club over others. I’d definitely have him, not to say he’s a guaranteed success but the benefits stand out to me. 

I’m not into the big name cutting my teeth ex England men. I want a stable reliable person with a bit of sense and an eye for a bargain.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Please not John Terry.

He might be an exceptional future manager. But I don’t want another name change from Lampard’s Derby to Rooney’s Derby and later Terry’s Derby.

One celebrity circus to the next.

At least Rooney had a likability factor (for some). John Terry is a loathsome character. That Anton Ferdinand documentary was a tough watch.