Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Is Wayne not still under contract?

If we had sacked him we would have to pay his contract up, so……….

If Wayne is under contract and wishes to terminate effective immediately, the question is should he have to buy his way out of our agreement? ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Maybe they called it quits on the alleged wages payment?

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No, not now, not ever 

Funny, because had we appointed him instead of Mel going for his big names we probably would have been a premier league team for at least 1 season.

Biggest mistake we made was deciding last minute not to appoint Warnock.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Well and truly left us up s*** creek with no paddle hasn’t he?

Its obvious to me that he would stay only if his two mates could have plumb jobs.  Last night’s development must have been a shock, and maybe a convo with Mr Clowes has confirmed the company structure.

I mean, it can’t be the budget as he would have known it would be tiny due to the terms of exiting Admin.

Im so disappointed in him as I’ve been asked numerous times if I think he’ll stay and I did get some funny looks when I said confidently he would as he does seem to have a connection with the club.

How wrong I was, I wonder if 32Red’s sponsorship has been pulled?

If the sponsorship has been pulled then we should be seeking compo from Rooney.

Why is it always a pat on the head swiftly followed by a kick in the b**locks. I've been a massive advocate of Rooney since he got the job but he's gone down in my estimation because of the timing.

If he had resigned straight after the Cardiff game, I would have wished him well and thanked him for a memorable season, but this timing has completely p***ed me off.

If you had canvassed 10,000 f*rest fans, when the best time would be for Rooney to resign, they would have picked today, the same day that we are given hope that the club has a future, 2 days before the start of preseason, 5 days before players can walk away for free, and probably a couple of weeks before we will even have somebody in a position to appoint a new manager.

Even though I know it isn't this feels like sabotage.

Clean slate, fresh start. The fact Rooney has walked at this exact time suggests a lot about his involvement with the Kirchner bid, and I feel we would have continued to be the media circus we already have become, on an even bigger scale. I will be glad to have our great football club referred to as Derby County again and feel this could work out to be very good in the long run.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

The last MLS club to be traded went for North of $200m dollars, so I doubt its that.

Indeed even setting up a whole new “franchise” is extortionate.

Chalotte we’re the last team to be part of the leagues expansion with the man well known on this board Tom Glick, being hired by Tepper to get it started. Tepper paid the highest amount yet of $325m, it was $200m for the two teams before them.

And that’s just to enter, you’ve got all the infrastructure and running cost on top!

Guess we will never know but if I was guessing I would think a combination of CK messing up the takeover (I'm sure they had a plan in place to rebuild within that structure) and maybe he knows that most of the squad will indeed walk out the door next week? Maybe he has just had enough of working with both hands tied behind his back and hasn't got the energy to do it all again...who knows...

Wish him well he was superb last season and a credit to the club and the City.

Edited by Yani P

Just seen this 10 mins ago - am shocked, don't really know what to think yet, I'm consoling

myself with the thought that in the future (amid better times)  perhaps we may see Rooney

or Lampard back - hope so.

In the meantime we better get someone with experience in the lower divisions i guess

or give LR a go  he has proved his worth over the last season as well as Rooney!

Thanks for the memories, did a decent job with the hand given, galvanised a county into believing the great escape could be done  however I have said to friends that I found it unacceptable to lose 9 games away on the bounce. 

Nothing changed, had we have got a win and a couple of draws who knows. 

Great player, motivator but manager the jury for me was still out, I know my dad is quite happy. 

Someone who's out of work with a decent CV if Rosinior doesn't get.Dyche,Mowbry I just don't know who, feel for DC already, a fan who's potentially the new owner needs assistance pretty quickly to sort this mess out. 

4 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

To be honest, I did have a horrible feeling this was coming after Kirchner pulled out. 

Yes Rooney was aligned with the Kirchner deal. Perhaps CK was the only person likely continue to pay Rooney's absurd salary. Then it turned out Kirchner was just another chancer. So Rooney perhaps left with no choice but to jump ship? 

Now i have got over the initial shock i'm not too down about this. Timing was abit poor but as others have said maybe now we're close to being taken over he felt now was the right time.

This summer was always going to be a big reset and this is just another part of it, but it could be a good thing. Rooney galvanised the club but I do feel like he was more a man manager than tactician so we can 100% find better. 

We will lose the draw of certain level of player due to his name but it will be nice to not be centre of the medias attention constantly.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Not read all the pages as just in from work, but is it possible that Clowes didn't rate him, didnt want him and offered him the chance to go off his own back rather than be sacked! Clowes is a fan after all and may not have liked what he saw over all last year and that regime doesn't fit his plans!! 

Quite possible. Perhaps Clowes is not as obsessed with “Celebrity” as Mel was. I don’t think DC will accept failure. He could possibly give Rosenior till Xmas to see how he does . Let’s get the best out of Sibley now COYR

Okay. Surprised to say the least. Obviously his future here was tied very closely to Kirchner's promises and lies.

Typical of Derby to counter this morning's more positive news with a complete plot twist in a matter of hours.

Initial thoughts are annoyance, all this talk of his loyalty is pretty much out of the window. I can see that it's going to take its toll on anyone and I guess we can't blame anyone for saying that's enough, god knows most of us should have quit jobs before they destroyed us,  but I feel he's jumped for his own reputation now. A lacklustre league one campaign would no doubt lower his stock from premier League job offers to second rate championship sides.

Davies interview with Sky was enlightening. He was very much of the opinion that Liam was the man to continue the positive vibes and take us forward, and I inferred that Davies and others would buy in to him and stick around so might be worth a shot.

On the flip side of course LR has no real experience so an older head and a clean slate could likely be more productive.

Never boring is it.