Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Hmmm… depends though. Thorne made the best Derby side in 25 years look better.

Bielik absolutely bossed games single-handedly for a Derby team that would have been relegated but for his ten game intervention.

Based on the synopsis that he looked the best player in the best Derby side in 25 yrs, that means Thorne in the same side Bielik was in he'd have looked like Messi.

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Good luck Krystian had bad luck with injuries but could never fault his efforts on the pitch we over paid for him but that is not his fault. 

The goal against Birmingham execution and emotion will live long in my memory. 

yes and he actually injured himself when getting up off the ground to celebrate 

He is certainly a good player, but he has been a colossal waste of money.

It’s a little disappointing that you couldn’t really see him for dust when an opportunity to get away came up.

Despite probably being our most expensive signing, I doubt he’ll be really remembered in a handful of years.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Based on the synopsis that he looked the best player in the best Derby side in 25 yrs, that means Thorne in the same side Bielik was in he'd have looked like Messi.

It’s not quite that simple though.

I don’t think either would have done as well had you swapped them around.

Defensively they’re ridiculously similar. Screened to perfection, won the ball loads.

On the ball… Thorne controlled the game better and has a greater range of passing but didn’t look as effective in a two.

Bielik could carry the ball with ease, before the injuries he was a throwback to Vieria and he looked his best in a two, I don’t think he’d have ran games at the base of a three though.

I personally don’t think you could split them at their pomp, and I thought George would’ve been an England regular, which says a lot.

8 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Appears as though I am the only one sorry to see him leave.

Money, wages, injuries, yeah, yeah.

I just like to see quality players at the club. That man mountain could play a bit.

Ok, we move on. Let's hope it's upwards soon so we can start recruiting quality again.

I understand your sadness, Bielik didn't go out to get injured on purpose, He signed a contract, His International manager told him to get a move as League1 wasn't going to get him a place in the International team for the world cup, Agent and Bielik got a loan move to Birmingham, Allegedly he was voted the worst player at the world cup.

PW is on record not wanting players who do not want to be here, I do not know how he performed at Birmingham, I do know when I saw him play for us he was some player, But 2 ACL injuries took that edge off him, He'd lost some of that "je ne sais quoi" 

Now moving to his adopted club, A 100% Bielik would have had a good few suiters...but non came along, This shows me he's not what he once was...I wish him well and thank him for 1 special goal...against Birmingham.

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

After we spaffed the Hughes and Bryson insurance money on Johnson and Butters I would think no insurance company would touch us with a barge pole. 

I assume you’re joking as it wouldn’t matter two hoots to the insurance company what you spend the pay out on. All they really care about is the likelihood of having to pay out which is duly reflected in the premium charged.

Not seen enough of him to know how good he really is. Lots of players look good in patches (not bandaids!).

I know Brummy fans disagree but I wasn't that impressed when I saw him play for them, he seemed quite ordinary. He also looked ordinary in the World Cup. So maybe that's it in the end post-injury he's just an ordinary Championship midfielder.