Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.2f401902d07b21fe5af6994dad890e37.png

Meh.

No that's fair enough from him.

I don't buy into all this 'disloyal' stuff. He played well for us, was always honest with his ambitions, and got dragged into a bit of drama because Poland's manager couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I wish him well for the future, although I do think injuries will limit the career he'll go on to have (hence why he's ended up at Birmingham City).

On 27/06/2023 at 21:07, Ambitious said:

Bielik was a good player, but to compare him with George George is sacrilege. I think Bielik at his very best has proven himself to be a good Championship player and nothing more, best season in football came in League One with Charlton. Thorne, it felt at times, reinvented physics on a football pitch. I’ve not seen anyone come close to him in the last 20 years of watching Derby week-in, week-out.

I do genuinely see your point but George at his best was an imperious championship player. In PL terms though ? Different gravy,  he would have competed at that level certainly, but it’s rose tinted to think that he would be Lampard, Viera or Makalele or Keene. Great player but that 5% that makes a god ? I am not so sure ( yeah I am just being argumentative and no offence intended, just a view 

4 hours ago, jono said:

Oh come on Roy. What could he say ? Sorry, but your better than “meh” 

I think we all have to ask ourselves what we would do in his situation. I believe the answer is we would all do the exact same thing as he has done. Football is business- football is a profession- and it’s a short career.

it is what it is.

I wish him well.

Think it’s a nice and appropriate post from him 👍

The thing that i take away from all this is very something good and encouraging

He was always going to leave 

We / david clowes and co had budgeted his wages into the seasons budget.

Just re iterates to me what a careful and responsible owner we now have. 
just fills me with confidence that we are in good safe hands and will never have the drama of the previous couple of years under mel.

hopefully a happier future lies ahead 

although i still think we need to exercise patience this season if it doesnt go as many expect 

but thats just me 

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh.

OK, so the relationship didn’t work out as well as you’d hoped. You feel let down, possibly even betrayed. The other person in the relationship didn’t show the same commitment as you did but they’ve tried to end it with an element of good grace and now moved onto a new partner. Isn’t it time to stop being quite so bitter and in the words of Elsa - let it go? 😀

Good riddance you selfish, money grabbing, disloyal mother fu…

…is what some of you sound like. 🤣

Like most footballers, he’s just a bloke making decisions based on factors that people in a forum aren’t even seeing.  I guarantee he has more regrets/frustrations how this has panned out than anyone commenting, Good luck Krystian.

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't get this whole saying goodbye thing. We're not bothered. He's not bothered. What's the point? 

A Fozzy who's been here a decade yeah fair enough, a Knight or Bird who's come through the academy, OK, I get that... 

But some fella who barely played for us and jumped in our hour of need, nah, not necessary