Graeme Shinnie

Fraser_23

For gods sake what is it with old players that quite frankly were not that great   lets have  shiniesta , bryson , bobby davison , shilton , blah blah blah . 

Then lets order 20 walking sticks and watch us get of the league easily .................THE WRONG END ...........there is some damn stupid rosy eyed fans but jesus come on give ya self a head wobble and wake up . 

Edited by NottsRammy

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

For gods sake what is it with old players that quite frankly were not that great   lets have  shiniesta , bryson , bobby davison , shilton , blah blah blah . 

Then lets order 20 walking sticks and watch us get of the league easily .................THE WRONG END ...........there is some damn stupid rosy eyed fans but jesus come on give ya self a head wobble and wake up . 

You ok babes x

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

It's hard to get someone as good as Shinnie in on a free in L1. I'd definitely take him if we were to lose any of Bird, Knight, Bielik, Thompson. I'd be tempted to get him back even with no departures if we're sticking with Knight on the wing.

27 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Bit over the top. Shinnie was a decent player for us. On a free/small fee he'd be a very good signing still. Only other previous players id have would be Bradley johnson. Still a very good champ player. and lives locally. Maybe wisdom as right back cover as hes a free agent 

5 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Shilton not great ? ........go and wash your mouth out with soap

Do think people are proper daft when they write off bringing back former players, particularly when a lot of them are of a decent Championship standard and (if you hadn’t noticed) we’re in League 1.

Don’t see us as a club in a position to turn our nose up at any signing but I do think we’re fairly stacked in midfield as of right now though.

17 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't understand our obsession with bringing back old players. He was decent here, but it's time to move forward. 

I'm not sure it's an obsession. I reckon it's more a case of some of us subconsciously saying we need a player in same mould of some of the old players (in Shinnie's case - the passion and energy) but we can't necessarily name any targets.

40 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Do think people are proper daft when they write off bringing back former players, particularly when a lot of them are of a decent Championship standard and (if you hadn’t noticed) we’re in League 1.

Don’t see us as a club in a position to turn our nose up at any signing but I do think we’re fairly stacked in midfield as of right now though.

Most of them are getting on and probably want more money than the average league one player. That's the kind of recruitment that got us here, if you hadn't noticed. 

18 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't understand our obsession with bringing back old players. He was decent here, but it's time to move forward. 

I guess it could be seen as less of a gamble than getting in an 'unknown' player, particularly with our limited budget.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I guess it could be seen as less of a gamble than getting in an 'unknown' player, particularly with our limited budget.

I'd argue it's more of one, you are signing players with no resale value, who are at the ends of their career for likely a larger initial outlay. We need to sign players for the future. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd argue it's more of one, you are signing players with no resale value, who are at the ends of their career for likely a larger initial outlay. We need to sign players for the future. 

I've not denied we need players for the future. But we also need experience. The point was with a player who has been here previously it's less of a gamble.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've not denied we need players for the future. But we also need experience. The point was with a player who has been here previously it's less of a gamble.

We have players in his position. He would add depth but not improve on what we have. Not a position we should be focusing on.