Graeme Shinnie

Fraser_23

Thanks but no thanks. 

Not just a limited player but a limiting player. Offers little in the way of positional protection due to chasing the ball looking for the tackle, which is fantastic when it works and he's winning the battles, everyone loves that (it's enough to get you POTY awards!), but it leaves big gaps for others to cover when he doesn't win it. 

There's a time and a place for Sbinnie, but he's very much a bottom half of the league battler and if you want to be a team on the front foot playing toward the top of the league there's not really a place for him, as he's found at Wigan. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not in any way ITK but when he left I got the feeling Rooney wasn't too fussed to see him go, even for such a miserly fee so would be surprised if there's anything in a possible return.

The reason we let him go was wages nothing else Rooney actually really liked shinnie 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not in any way ITK but when he left I got the feeling Rooney wasn't too fussed to see him go, even for such a miserly fee so would be surprised if there's anything in a possible return.

You should watch the latest episode of We Are Derby. Rooney wanted him in the squad. 

I'd have have him back. Apparently he got quite emotional when he left. Loved his passion and he worked hard to change his playing style to fight his way into Cocus plans. 

Every team needs a battler in their ranks no matter what level you're at. His qualities should fit nicely in a League 1 side. Not quite sure why it didn't quite work out for him at Wigan. Most probably pining for his spiritual home in Derby. 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Lets bring shinnie home he never wanted to leave derby and he wanted win things with derby that he never got the chance to do.

Him and Bryson could be a great little team.

B4 I would probably give Shinnie a chance, he would be great in Div 1. But as good as Bryson was, he is too injury prone to waste a squad shirt on. Especially as we need so many players, we might find we will be working with a small squad for a while so no point taking a big risk.