Graeme Shinnie

Fraser_23

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Assuming Bielik is off on his world tour, I'd have Shinnie back in a heartbeat. Folk have very short memories. Many thought he was POTY in his last season and had Curtis not been playing absolutely out of his skin, he might have been. We still get bullied from time to time and Shinnie does not lie down for anyone. Teak tough and better technically than some give him credit for, it's a yes from me.

Barely had legs last time and barely used in a team doing what we want to. Isn’t even better than what we have, and is older. 

Common theme on this forum is that players seemingly never age. 

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Barely had legs last time and barely used in a team doing what we want to. Isn’t even better than what we have, and is older. 

Was at times covering every blade of grass mate and the only one in the centre of the park snapping into tackles. Common theme on this forum is downgrading of players who have left too. Just my opinion mind. 

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Was at times covering every blade of grass mate and the only one in the centre of the park snapping into tackles. Common theme on this forum is downgrading of players who have left too. Just my opinion mind. 

Yeah I don’t remember shinnie being a let down at all, like you say you was an absolute workhorse. Him and bielik was possibly the best midfield we’d had in years, but only played about ten games together.

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think he is better than what we have at certain things. Bird and hourihane certainly more talented footballers but it doesn’t really click with the two in cm. They feel too similar. 

shinnie would be a huge upgrade on Thompson.

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Him and bielik was possibly the best midfield we’d had in years, but only played about ten games together.

Really?? A slight exaggeration considering a year before we had Mount and Johnson bossing the midfield with Wilson just in front of them. 
Shinnie is solid. Nothing more or less. A good pro who I’m sure would do a job. But, I think other areas need strengthening first. 

3 minutes ago, enachops said:

Shinnie is solid. Nothing more or less. A good pro who I’m sure would do a job. But, I think other areas need strengthening first. 

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with that mate, but this is a Shinnie-specific transfer thread. As I've said, I'd deffo have him back, but I'd acknowledge that we do need a CB, a LB and perhaps another winger too. 

43 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

we did well last year with the energy of Knight and Shinnie in the middle

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with that mate, but this is a Shinnie-specific transfer thread. As I've said, I'd deffo have him back, but I'd acknowledge that we do need a CB, a LB and perhaps another winger too. 

Surely a right back first of all…

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Dunno what the urgency is to get multiple players in this transfer window, we won't threaten the Top 2 this season and we have enough to make 5th or 6th place with the squad we currently have. 

We won't if there's not a sensible deal or two to be made, but right now we have an injury free squad, which can't be guaranteed for the balance of the season and the gaffer has already said he wants more bodies in this month. 

46 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Dunno what the urgency is to get multiple players in this transfer window, we won't threaten the Top 2 this season and we have enough to make 5th or 6th place with the squad we currently have. 

Why cant we challenge top 2? Win our game in hand we are 8 points behind. There has been no team in the league we have faced that have been outstanding or who have looked far and away better than us

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Assuming Bielik is off on his world tour, I'd have Shinnie back in a heartbeat. Folk have very short memories. Many thought he was POTY in his last season and had Curtis not been playing absolutely out of his skin, he might have been. We still get bullied from time to time and Shinnie does not lie down for anyone. Teak tough and better technically than some give him credit for, it's a yes from me.

In 20/21, when he was the 'right' side of 30? When our CM options were limited to just Shinnie and Bird. Bielik was injured, Knight and Sibley were played on the wings, Holmes and Evans had been sold. We're now overflowing in that department.

Shinnie is also still a regular in the Wigan matchday squad. Why would they let him leave for free, even if they get a replacement in?

3 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

Shinnie always used to be a left back… maybe getting another option in for there?

No. He hasn't been a regular at LB for 7 years and hasn't played there since moving to England, except for filling in during an emergency during games.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why cant we challenge top 2? Win our game in hand we are 8 points behind. There has been no team in the league we have faced that have been outstanding or who have looked far and away better than us

Because we also have to overtake Barnsley whom are a couple of points ahead of us and have a game in hand and the Wendies as well whom will also be 8 points ahead IF we win our game in hand. 

And to reply to your second point Plymouth were a class above us when they beat us at PP. Ipswich also looked a more accomplished team when we got beat by then at Portman Road.