Curtis Davies - signed 1-year deal

YouRams

12 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think we should offer a 37 year old more than a 1 year contract.

Completely agree. Disappointed if Curtis has pressed for more particularly given what DC has just done for us 

If Curtis plays a good season and deserves renewal, fine, all credit to him 

Edited by kevinhectoring

31 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Completely agree. Disappointed if Curtis has pressed for more particularly given what DC has just done for us 

If Curtis plays a good season and deserves renewal, fine, all credit to him 

I think he wants a one year playing contract with a promise to keep on after the year in a coaching role.

Curtis Davies has proven himself to be a selfless leader, a man who is prepared to risk his career to help the club.

If we fail to offer him a deal that he is happy with, knowing the realism he will judge that offer on, then I think that we will have let ourselves down as a club.

There is absolutely no chance that he is asking for a Kings ransom. Let's not forget that he could have already left for a championship Club, almost certainly offering him a big increase in wages, so money definitely isn't his motivation. 

Just get a deal done because even with all the talk of quality additions coming in, if we let him go, we won't be as good as we would be with him in the team.

9 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Curtis Davies has proven himself to be a selfless leader, a man who is prepared to risk his career to help the club.

If we fail to offer him a deal that he is happy with, knowing the realism he will judge that offer on, then I think that we will have let ourselves down as a club.

There is absolutely no chance that he is asking for a Kings ransom. Let's not forget that he could have already left for a championship Club, almost certainly offering him a big increase in wages, so money definitely isn't his motivation. 

Just get a deal done because even with all the talk of quality additions coming in, if we let him go, we won't be as good as we would be with him in the team.

I think the club value what Davies brings to the team, but I imagine there will be a fairly rigid wage structure in place. No surprise considering what got the club into the mess that it's been in. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lampard left Davies as captain and signed Tomori as cheap cover. Davies was injured for the 2nd game of the season (Leeds). He struggled to come back and eventually ruled himself out for the season.

Cocu came in and signed Clarke to play alongside Keogh. For the style of play Cocu wanted, Davies was obviously 3rd choice, but only missed the first 8 games before returning to the starting lineup. He was even ill for a couple of those.

He was playing the full 90 in most games during 20/21, until injury ruled him out for all but the final game of the season.

Hardly 'frozen out' for 18 months.

I think Lampard signed Tomori with the idea of him eventually replacing Davies. It was obvious he never fancied Davies because he wanted to play a high line and press from the front. Davies isn’t the sort of defender you want playing a high line or playing out from the back.

He was still valuable cover, but his wages at the time weren’t matching his ability on the pitch. That may sound harsh, but it’s true.

And in no way is that on Davies. He has been a great guy to have around and a positive influence. It’s not his fault the club were daft enough to pay him so handsomely.

51 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think Lampard signed Tomori with the idea of him eventually replacing Davies. It was obvious he never fancied Davies because he wanted to play a high line and press from the front. Davies isn’t the sort of defender you want playing a high line or playing out from the back.

He was still valuable cover, but his wages at the time weren’t matching his ability on the pitch. That may sound harsh, but it’s true.

And in no way is that on Davies. He has been a great guy to have around and a positive influence. It’s not his fault the club were daft enough to pay him so handsomely.

I still think he will sign a new contract and then final few jigsaw will put into place.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Im pretty sure everything that a player posts now is a cryptic message and should be read as such

If he re-signs in the next day then I’m also pretty sure that makes me #itk

You are Alan Nixon and I claim my £5