Allsop v Roos

Seaside Ram

5 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I still maintain Kelle Roos is a better keeper than Ryan Allsop . You can say he wasn’t at fault for those 3 goals yesterday but for me he should have done better on them all . Roos is still the scapegoat from 2019 but for me is the one I would have as no1 next season .

Yep, I agree - and that’s why Roos has been in goal for the most part of this season 

14 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

I still maintain Kelle Roos is a better keeper than Ryan Allsop . You can say he wasn’t at fault for those 3 goals yesterday but for me he should have done better on them all . Roos is still the scapegoat from 2019 but for me is the one I would have as no1 next season .

How could he have done better for the third goal ?

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Allsop is better for the style Rooney wants to play. Roos is a much better shot stopper.

Stopping shots are what goalkeepers are there to do, not to pass the ball about. That being said, some of Allsop's distribution has been excellent this season. It does seem that the defence are more comfortable with him in the goal. I like Roos and he is a good shot stopper but unfortunately for him, the jury is out and has been ever since the playoff final where he made that horrendous error.

33 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Stopping shots are what goalkeepers are there to do, not to pass the ball about. That being said, some of Allsop's distribution has been excellent this season. It does seem that the defence are more comfortable with him in the goal. I like Roos and he is a good shot stopper but unfortunately for him, the jury is out and has been ever since the playoff final where he made that horrendous error.

Commanding the box is an important aspect and Roos’ judgment there is not so good. 
Last season was grim from a goalkeeping pov and Allsop has been a good solution 

For the longest time I wanted Roos to have his chance, ever since seeing him in that epic cup game at Fulham. He’s struggled for consistency though and for every few great saves you always feel there’s a poorly dealt with cross not far away that shoots us in the foot.

Allsop I presumed had come in to make up the numbers and I didn’t really get it with the few squad spaces we had available. Especially seeing as his first few appearances he looked shaky as anything. Since then though I’ve been won around and especially crosses into the box, I’ve not felt as relaxed with our keeper in a very very long time. For all the pressure we’ve soaked up at times this season I think he’s done exceptionally, and in the grand scheme of things I’d guess his stats for goals being his fault versus his league peers is low. 

Long story short; didn’t know why we signed him, but fully behind him now.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How could he have done better for the third goal ?

You are joking right ? He stands there all big , arms out ala Peter Schmicheil then gets done by a header straight at him about 5feet off the ground. He dived under it ! I thought it was Jossie Williams in goal!! 

Roos was flattered by having defenders like Keogh and Shinnie in front of him.

Alsop has no such defenders and is often the sole bastion betwixt a good save and an apparently soft goal that 'my wife could've saved!'

A goalie's lot is never a happy one but Alsop has done a reliable job in VERY trying circumstances.

Many teams would have lost by a rugby score given a fraction of Rooney's Ramifications. We have a decent GD because we have a decent GK!