Allsop v Roos

Seaside Ram

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

An appropriate response to a rather ludicrous statement. I have just watched the goals again just to make sure my memory served me right. As for the first goal and the 1 v 1 with Wiemann….explain to a simpleton like me what he did wrong there ?

First 2 goals .... Just didn't do much to prevent them  but 3rd one was just a shocker which Kelle would have saved easily.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Didn’t do much to prevent them ? I will just stick with rubbish……

How about giving us your expert view on the 3rd then ? ( Which was the one I was debating earlier with someone else) 

Edited by Seaside Ram

3 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

First 2 goals .... Just didn't do much to prevent them  but 3rd one was just a shocker which Kelle would have saved easily.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/04/highlights-derby-county-vs-bristol-city-23rd-april-2022

What on earth could he do about the 1st or the 2nd? Free shots on goal. Do you think keepers ought to save all penalties? And the 3rd?

I can only think you're on the wind up.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/04/highlights-derby-county-vs-bristol-city-23rd-april-2022

What on earth could he do about the 1st or the 2nd? Free shots on goal. Do you think keepers ought to save all penalties? And the 3rd?

The 3rd was a howler ,which Roos would have saved  but we all know that doesn't suit your agenda against him 

47 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

to say he isn't a good shot stopper is rubbish

He's the 5th worst shot stopper in the league of keepers who have played over 50% of games. He's prevented -2.7 goals, essentially meaning he's let in more goals than the average keeper would if they faced the same shots. Roos has prevented 1.4 goals.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He should've saved both the 2nd and the 3rd. There's no way he should be getting beat by Semenyo's shot and he pulls out of the Klose header? Lets be honest here, how many people on here and on twitter would be criticising Roos if he conceded the same goals?

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

He's the 5th worst shot stopper in the league of keepers who have played over 50% of games. He's prevented -2.7 goals, essentially meaning he's let in more goals than the average keeper would if they faced the same shots. Roos has prevented 1.4 goals.

How do you know? Has the average keeper faced exactly the same shots?

I do find some of these stats a nonsense.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not that bored I will continue to engage with your drivel 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you know? Has the average keeper faced exactly the same shots?

I do find some of these stats a nonsense.

They collect hundreds of thousands of shot data, see what was saved and what wasn't. Work it from that. xG, xA, xT etc stats are brilliant and are so much better stats that just shots and possession that people are used to. It's modern and is far more representative of game state than simple possession and shot stats.

7 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

They collect hundreds of thousands of shot data, see what was saved and what wasn't. Work it from that. xG, xA, xT etc stats are brilliant and are so much better stats that just shots and possession that people are used to. It's modern and is far more representative of game state than simple possession and shot stats.

No stats (no matter how 'brilliant' they are) can with any acceptable degree of certainty tell you whether or not keeper A would have saved the shots which keeper B didn't.

Would Allsop have saved McGinns' goal at Wembley - in my opinion, probably but we will never know. I preferred seeing Roos on the team sheet rather than Hamer but prefer Allsop being first choice keeper than Roos.

I wouldn't use Saturday's game as a stick with which to beat Allsop, or to claim that Roos is the better keeper (because I think that argument has been settled in the minds of a majority of fans), but after looking at the highlights again, I agree that his efforts to save the 2nd and 3rd goals looked a bit limp - the direction of both shots weren't far from his standing position and he either misread them or didn't react quickly enough. But neither attempts were "howlers" and he also made a couple of good saves to prevent further goals.