Rooney, staff and squad: legends

IslandExile

We're on the cusp of relegation but the manager, coaching staff and every single player come out of this season with enormous credit.

I am proud to be a Derby County supporter.

It has been a privilege to witness the effort of all those at the club this season.

The staff and the supporters do not deserve what we've been through - and football has to restructure itself so this does not keep happening.

But what we've seen on the pitch - against all the odds has been staggering.

Rooney, Ram ? 

Rosenior, Ram ? 

The whole squad, Rams ? 

Those behind the scenes, Rams ? 

Thank you to all of you. COYR ?

Hear hear. The result is the inevitable one when you have all those points deducted and a paper thin squad - relegation. But that isn’t the fault of the current players or manager. This relegation is purely on the head of a certain Mel Morris. Everyone at the club has done us proud on the pitch this season. To keep fighting as long as they have done is remarkable. I’ve certainly not felt a Derby team has cared this much in a long time.

55 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We're on the cusp of relegation but the manager, coaching staff and every single player come out of this season with enormous credit.

It has been a privilege to witness the effort of all those at the club this season.

The staff and the supporters do not deserve what we've been through - and football has to restructure itself so this does not keep happening.

Rooney, Ram ? 

Rosenior, Ram ? 

The whole squad, Rams ? 

Well said. Think thats why I feel quite emotional each match as we get towards the end of the season. So very proud of everyone

57 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney, Ram ? 

Rosenior, Ram ? 

The whole squad, Rams ? 

Wayne told us when he became manager he'd bring back the pride. Well he's done that. 

Proud Derby fan here.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney, Ram ? 

Rosenior, Ram ? 

The whole squad, Rams ? 

Nailed it.

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wayne told us when he became manager he'd bring back the pride. Well he's done that. 

Proud Derby fan here.

I hand it to you @RoyMac5, you had faith when many of us didn't.

I certainly didn't like the manner of his arrival, but that's down to Mel, and I didn't like the way he set the team up last season.

But this season, Rooney has been magnificent, tactically very good, motivationally brilliant, but more than anything.... He has been so dignified throughout this whole sorry process and, as you say, brought back the pride to Pride Park.

39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I certainly didn't like the manner of his arrival, but that's down to Mel, and I didn't like the way he set the team up last season.

But this season, Rooney has been magnificent, tactically very good, motivationally brilliant, but more than anything.... He has been so dignified throughout this whole sorry process and, as you say, brought back the pride to Pride Park.

People who I work with who don’t support Derby comment on Rooney when I speak to them. They are impressed with what they see from the outside. They don’t even know half.

47 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

exactly this. I have to admit @RoyMac5 was bang on in the end! 

All I could say to my lad as we walked out of the ground last night was “I bloody love this club”.  I’ve never known atmosphere like this season in nearly 40 years, it’s made me so proud and emotional. Everyone associated with the club deserves huge credit, what unbelievable character. And that absolutely includes the fans.

I went to Blues v Cov yesterday afternoon - I lost a close mate a couple of weeks ago and they put a photo and message on the big screen before kick off, so I wanted to go with his Dad to see it. Very emotional, but the contrast between the Blues fans and us lot is chalk and cheese. As soon as Cov scored it was toxic, they were getting at their own players, abusing the Cov fans and each other. I know they’re down near the bottom but their fans really are a bunch of scumbags. Compare that to how we were behind the lads from the first minute. Even after Fulham scored, there was a quiet minute or so and then the noise started again. I bloody love this club.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Just too much asked of them...

Well done everyone at Derby County.

I am very, very proud to be a Ram.

Thanks to you all ?

Yes totally this. Couldnt be prouder. They should hold their heads up high. Tears watching at the final whistle scenes. Now lets show our appreciation with party time at the last few games. Pressure is off now lets celebrate together